Heart/cardiovascular problems at 21?

• Thread starter leright
  • Start date
In summary: So, I think it's worth a shot and worth consulting with your doctor to see if this might be the case for you.
I call it an ECG.

Physics news on Phys.org
So Leright, what's the latest? -Rod-

USAPatriot said:
So Leright, what's the latest? -Rod-

No info from the doc yet.

leright said:
No info from the doc yet.

K. Any more problems? My dad's been running occasional bouts of Afib (I judge that by pulse only and it's not been confirmed by the docs yet) so they put him on a Holter for 24 hours at the beginning of the week. No results back yet. -Rod-

USAPatriot said:
K. Any more problems? My dad's been running occasional bouts of Afib (I judge that by pulse only and it's not been confirmed by the docs yet) so they put him on a Holter for 24 hours at the beginning of the week. No results back yet. -Rod-

Not yet. :-p

well, I got the echo results yesterday. They came back negative. He said my bump rhythm and valves are in check, but he said one of my heart muscles is slightly enlarged. He said this is likely due to the fact that I have slightly high BP (~135/88) and it may have been higher in the past. He put me on mild BP pills and I picked up a BP monitor. He also had blood work done to check my cholesterol, and I should know the results Monday.

Overall, nothing is really wrong except for the BP, which is an easy fix.

leright said:
well, I got the echo results yesterday. They came back negative. He said my bump rhythm and valves are in check, but he said one of my heart muscles is slightly enlarged. He said this is likely due to the fact that I have slightly high BP (~135/88) and it may have been higher in the past. He put me on mild BP pills and I picked up a BP monitor. He also had blood work done to check my cholesterol, and I should know the results Monday.

Overall, nothing is really wrong except for the BP, which is an easy fix.
That's great to hear!

Leright, glad to hear all is good so far.

but these pills aren't really doing anything for my BP. I've been checking my BP like 2 hours after taking the pills and my BP is still around 135 or so.

Last edited:
Let your doctor know that. Sometimes with BP medications (well, often, actually), it's a bit of a guessing game of which one will work best. There are different causes of high BP, so you have to find the medication that matches the cause. It's easier to do trial and error than to start doing a ton of tests to determine which medication is best.