Have you seen What the Bleep Do We Know?

• Thread starter derekmohammed
  • Start date
What the Bleep Do we know?" is a movie that many people have heard about and have their own opinions on. However, as a physics major, the content was deemed as garbage due to the selective exclusion of fundamental scientific concepts. The individual was curious to hear others' thoughts and comments on the movie.
derekmohammed
What the Bleep Do we know?

Last night my girlfriend and I sat down to watch the movie "What the Bleep do we know?". I had heard a lot of things about the movie and I had to find out for myself. After watching only 30mins of it I had to shut it off. From the veiw of a physics major it was complete garbage. The selectivly chose to leave out fundamentals of science that would have made there arguments seem unintresting, and down right (moronic is the first word that comes to mind) well you get the point.

I was just wondering what you guys thought about the movie?

Thoughts? Comments?
Derek Mohammed

Physics news on Phys.org
Please use the search function.

- Warren

I have seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?" and I have to say, I had a similar reaction to you. As someone with a background in science, I found the movie to be very misleading and lacking in scientific evidence. It seemed to cherry-pick information to fit its narrative and ignore any conflicting evidence.

I think the movie has some interesting ideas about the connection between mind and matter, but it presents them in a very sensationalized and pseudoscientific way. I would caution anyone watching it to take its claims with a grain of salt and do their own research.

Overall, I was disappointed with the movie and would not recommend it as a reliable source of information about physics or consciousness. What did you think about it?

Related to Have you seen What the Bleep Do We Know?

1. What is the premise of "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

The premise of "What the Bleep Do We Know?" is to explore the connection between quantum physics, consciousness, and spirituality. It delves into the idea that our thoughts and emotions can affect our physical reality.

2. Is "What the Bleep Do We Know?" based on scientific research?

Yes, "What the Bleep Do We Know?" is based on scientific research and interviews with experts in the fields of physics, biology, and neuroscience. It presents the scientific theories and concepts in a way that is accessible to the general public.

3. What are some of the main ideas presented in "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

Some of the main ideas presented in "What the Bleep Do We Know?" include the idea that our thoughts and emotions can impact our physical reality, the concept of quantum entanglement, and the role of perception in shaping our reality.

4. Is "What the Bleep Do We Know?" a documentary or a fictional film?

"What the Bleep Do We Know?" has elements of both a documentary and a fictional film. It combines interviews with experts and real-life footage with a fictional narrative to explore the scientific concepts and ideas.

5. How has "What the Bleep Do We Know?" been received by the scientific community?

The scientific community has had mixed reactions to "What the Bleep Do We Know?" Some have criticized it for presenting concepts that are not scientifically proven, while others have praised it for sparking interest in science and spirituality among the general public.