Has anyone read Alex Detail's Revolution?

In summary, the conversation discusses a series of books called Alex Detail's Revolution and Alex Detail's Rebellion, which combine physics and mythology with an Ancient Aliens theme. The first book has some questionable genetics, while the second book is more action-packed. The series is influenced by Star Trek and features advanced science, but not as advanced as other books in the same genre.
I_noscopedJFK
It's not a popular series, but there's a lot of sci-fi talk in there that's really interesting (mostly related to space/planets/stars). Lol just wondering if anyone has read it

Physics news on Phys.org
I read both Alex Detail's Revolution and the one that came after it, Alex Detail's Rebellion. The first book combines a lot of physics and mythology, which I like (except for some sketchy genetics). The second book is more action/adventure and has an Ancient Aliens theme to it. I tend to like the sort of physics you get from a Dan Simmons or Peter Hamilton. The Alex Detail books aren't so far in the future--feels like heavy Star Trek influence, but other than a trick of being able to control quantum states, the Alex Detail world doesn't make the science as advanced as most books on that timescale.

Related to Has anyone read Alex Detail's Revolution?

1. What is the main premise of Alex Detail's Revolution?

The main premise of Alex Detail's Revolution is a dystopian society in which a group of scientists create a virus that wipes out most of the population, leaving a small group of survivors to navigate the new world.

2. Is Alex Detail's Revolution based on real science?

While the book does touch on scientific concepts and theories, it is a work of fiction and should not be taken as a representation of real science.

3. Who is the target audience for Alex Detail's Revolution?

The target audience for this book is primarily young adults and science fiction fans, although it may also appeal to readers of other genres.

4. Does Alex Detail's Revolution contain any controversial themes?

Yes, the book does explore themes of ethics, morality, and the consequences of scientific advancements, which may be considered controversial by some readers.

5. Are there any sequels planned for Alex Detail's Revolution?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel to Alex Detail's Revolution. However, the author has not ruled out the possibility of continuing the story in the future.