Has anyone heard from DOE's SULI summer program?

In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of response from LBNL and ORNL regarding summer positions in fusion energy research. The group also mentions delays in decision-making due to funding and extending the selection deadline. It is suggested to check the online application status for updates.
CoolCalculato
Hello,

I applied to work at LBNL or ORNL on fusion energy research this summer and haven't heard anything...have you, from any lab??

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I got a phone call, but he wanted to see what the situation at Congress would be like first before giving me more details on the position.

They aren't giving out decisions for awhile. The same thing applies to all other DoE programs. Also I think ORNL isn't focusing on Fusion research.

SULI finished making selections for their labs April 1st. If you haven't checked your online application's status, I would do it very soon.

@creepy --> Was he concerned in terms of funding to the program?
@crazy --> Do you know why that's the case, I noticed that they pushed back their final selection deadline to May 13th
@Miss --> Like I said above, it looks like they've extended the April 1st deadline, I'm trying to gauge why and what percentage of their selections they have made

yes.

Related to Has anyone heard from DOE's SULI summer program?

1. What is DOE's SULI summer program?

The SULI (Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships) program is a summer internship program run by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) that provides undergraduate students with hands-on research experience at one of the DOE's national laboratories.

2. Who is eligible for the SULI summer program?

Undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university are eligible to apply for the SULI program. Applicants must have completed at least one year of college and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.

3. How long is the SULI summer program?

The SULI program is typically 10 weeks long, running from early June to mid-August. However, the exact start and end dates may vary depending on the specific national laboratory and project assigned to the intern.

4. How do I apply for the SULI summer program?

To apply for the SULI program, you must submit an application through the DOE's online system. The application typically opens in late fall or early winter and requires a personal statement, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. More information can be found on the DOE's website.

5. When will I hear back from DOE about my SULI application?

The DOE typically notifies applicants of their application status in early spring, usually around March or April. However, the exact timeline may vary depending on the specific national laboratory and project assigned to the intern. If you have not heard back by late April, you can contact the SULI program office for an update on your application status.