DoE SULI acceptances for Summer 2016?

In summary, the conversation is about individuals who have applied to the SULI program for summer 2016 and their current status of acceptance. Some have received offers from SLAC and LLNL, while others are still waiting for a response. The conversation also touches on the possibility of multiple waves of acceptances and past experiences with the program.
Electrochem
I have applied to the SULI program for this summer (2016) and I haven't gotten a response back. I applied to LBNL and NREL. From previous years, it seems like now is the time that the first round of acceptances is sent out. Has anyone else heard anything? Thanks.

Likes Joshy
Physics news on Phys.org
I got an offer last week for SULI summer 2016. Applied to SLAC and LLNL, got in SLAC.

I suppose I am being a snob and possibly impatient, but I'm surprised I haven't been offered anything yet. I know my skills, interests, and coursework are very aligned with the programs I applied to, and I have even done an internship there last year. Now, I am afraid I may be offered nothing from SULI.

I applied to both SLAC and LBNL.

Good luck everyone!

I applied to SLAC and LLNL and got accepted to SLAC. I heard back on February 17th but maybe they do multiple waves of acceptances?

geosynchronous said:
I applied to SLAC and LLNL and got accepted to SLAC. I heard back on February 17th but maybe they do multiple waves of acceptances?
I did the same thing!: Applied to SLAC and LLNL and got my notification on Feb 18 from SLAC and accepted it right away. Did you accept your SLAC offer?

Yep! I'll be there this summer!

Related to DoE SULI acceptances for Summer 2016?

1. What is DoE SULI and what does it stand for?

DoE SULI stands for Department of Energy Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship. It is a program that allows undergraduate students to participate in research projects at various Department of Energy laboratories.

2. When are the acceptances for Summer 2016 released?

The acceptances for Summer 2016 are typically released in early to mid-spring. Exact dates may vary depending on the specific laboratory and program.

3. How competitive is the DoE SULI program?

The DoE SULI program is highly competitive, with a large number of applicants for a limited number of spots. It is important to have a strong academic background and relevant research experience to increase your chances of acceptance.

4. What are the eligibility requirements for the DoE SULI program?

To be eligible for the DoE SULI program, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Some laboratories may also have additional requirements, such as specific majors or coursework.

5. What can I expect during my DoE SULI internship?

During your DoE SULI internship, you can expect to work on a research project under the guidance of a mentor at the designated laboratory. You will also have opportunities to attend seminars, workshops, and other events to learn more about the research being conducted at the laboratory. At the end of the internship, you will be expected to present your research findings.