HAPPY VALETINES DAY to all of the PF Ladies

• Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
In summary, Evo wishes all of the ladies at PF a happy Valentine's Day. He has given them nature's gift of love, sensual sweetness, taste, and intrinsic value. He has reminded the men at PF that they don't have to wait for Valentine's Day to do special things for their women, and that everyday is a special day. Finally, he has given each of the PF Sistas a bottle of Dom Perignon.
polyb
I have taken a pre-emptive action to wish all of the ladies at PF a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :biggrin:

Here are my 'virtual' gifts to all of you!

From nature, the ever present theme and gift of LOVE!
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050213/i/r1821437423.jpg

For your beauty:
http://www.iflorist.com/en/images/items/if_7401l.jpg http://www.iflorist.com/en/images/items/tf31-1l.jpg

For your sensual sweetness:
http://www.virtualflorist.com/en/images/items/vday_31.jpg
http://www.virtualchocolate.com/images/v1119.jpg
http://www.virtualchocolate.com/thumbnails/th1243.jpg
http://hicards.com/i/candyl.gif

For your superb taste:
http://www.finestwine.com/English/images/moet_et_chandon.jpg

And finally, your intrinsic value:
https://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/8322/v029/www.helzberg.com/hzb/content_images/1598729lg.jpg
debeers-diamond.jpg

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Aww...that's so sweet! I can't emphasize enough my sensual sweetness (especially if it gets me chocolate). :biggrin: I'm not the greedy sort, so no need for the diamonds and flowers and birds and such (notice I'm not refusing the chocolate though).

But, of course, I must remind the men around here that you don't have to wait for Valentine's Day to do special things for your women. In fact, if you tell them or show them you love them every day of the year, you don't need a special day to do it.

Happy Valentines Day polyb! You are so sweet! :approve: (pours a Guinness into polyb's computer)

Last edited:
But, of course, I must remind the men around here that you don't have to wait for Valentine's Day to do special things for your women. In fact, if you tell them or show them you love them every day of the year, you don't need a special day to do it.

Yes, but when valentines day comes the girl will expect more :biggrin:

eax said:
Yes, but when valentines day comes the girl will expect more :biggrin:

That's not true. Some of us couldn't care less about Valentine's Day. It's more important to have someone who you know loves you every day of the year. Greeting cards and gifts aren't needed if you know someone loves you.

Mmm... if you were dating a mathematician, would you give him/her a good proof, or maybe a copy of "Elements", instead of chocolate? :smile:

i don't have any valentine :cry:
but
Happy Valentines Day to all of u

Moonbear said:
Aww...that's so sweet! I can't emphasize enough my sensual sweetness (especially if it gets me chocolate). :biggrin: I'm not the greedy sort, so no need for the diamonds and flowers and birds and such (notice I'm not refusing the chocolate though).

OK moonie, just trade everything else in for all the chocolate you can handle! :biggrin:

Hey, maybe you could get a research grant from Pfizer or whomever that could make men more romantic and then market it to woman. I'm sure it could give viagara a run for the money! :smile:

Evo said:
Happy Valentines Day polyb! You are so sweet! (pours a Guiness into polyb's computer)

*pops open pint can, ...three gulps later*
Thanks Evo, I don't care what I say about you in my spare mind, YOU'RE ALL RIGHT! :smile: :biggrin:

May both of you have a good day tommorrow regardless of the contrived commercial holiday!

Evo said:
Happy Valentines Day polyb! You are so sweet! :approve: (pours a Guiness into polyb's computer)

Yay Guinness!

POlyb, i see that isn't Dom Perignon, you should be ashamed.

Inserts bottle of Dom into PF for the ladies.

Moonbear said:
But, of course, I must remind the men around here that you don't have to wait for Valentine's Day to do special things for your women...
Yeah, and with Valentine's day on a weekday, you kinda should have done it this weekend...

That appears to be Dom Perignon to me. It is produced by Moet de Chandon.

Evo said:

My mistake, i guess it is.

Hmm, i thought the bottles were stouter than that. Oh well...

russ_watters said:
Yeah, and with Valentine's day on a weekday, you kinda should have done it this weekend...

That's not what I meant, and you know it.

Evo said:

Mais oui! Seulement le meilleur pour les femmes du PF!

To all the PF Sistas,

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

May all your dreams come true.

:cool:

So how about earlier today when I was on the phone with my mom she randomly told me "so tomorrow when the college boys ask you to be their Valentine be sure to say no!" :rolleyes:
Ah well who cares? Happy Valentine's Day everybody, and if you haven't eaten all the chocolate Moonbear I'll help myself to some of it. :smile:

Andromeda321 said:
So how about earlier today when I was on the phone with my mom she randomly told me "so tomorrow when the college boys ask you to be their Valentine be sure to say no!" :rolleyes:

You just wait a few more years when she's asking when you're going to get a boyfriend then a husband, then grandbabies. :smile: If you get asked out, go for it!

Ah well who cares? Happy Valentine's Day everybody, and if you haven't eaten all the chocolate Moonbear I'll help myself to some of it. :smile:

No problem. Since polyb said I could trade everything else in for chocolate, those diamonds bought a whole warehouse full of chocolate. Even I can't eat that much. *hands out boxes of chocolates*

I met a nice girl on Saturday.

Note to Chrono: I couldn't make it for Valentine's Day. :( I do have a date for Friday night though. :) How are things going for you?

JasonRox said:
I met a nice girl on Saturday.

I met a great girl today! And by great, I mean mediocre...and by "girl", I mean "sandwich"...and by met, I mean ate...

Yeah, i have a twisted sense of humour but oh well.

Here's how i pick up women:

http://www.machall.com/index.php?do_command=show_strip&strip_id=195&auth=01101-10010-01010-10101-11111

mmmmMmmmMmMMM.. what a lovely day this is! Bring on the chocolate!

So far it's been a better valentines day than years past. There was one excruciatingly bad one where I was dumped by a guy, and then wrecked my car on the way home afterwards!

Math Is Hard said:
mmmmMmmmMmMMM.. what a lovely day this is! Bring on the chocolate!

So far it's been a better valentines day than years past. There was one excruciatingly bad one where I was dumped by a guy, and then wrecked my car on the way home afterwards!

It's against the law to drive when depressed. You probably understand why now.

Moonbear : at the cantine today, they offered us small packages of heart-shaped candies. They have the same written messages as on your avatar. I kept my package, just in case o:)
but I tasted them from one of my colleague package, and

Anyway, Happy Valentine's day to everyone at PF and special cheers to all of those who are unfortunate enough not to be able to see Valentine today :smile:

humanino said:
Moonbear : at the cantine today, they offered us small packages of heart-shaped candies. They have the same written messages as on your avatar. I kept my package, just in case o:)

Yes, they are commonly traded on Valentine's Day, especially among school children. Once in a while I come across a box of them that says something different, but since they are candy, they can't say too much. I agree about the taste. The only thing worse than pure sugar compressed into a candy is pure sugar flavored with enough food coloring to somehow make it bitter. You should see how much trouble 4th graders go through to be sure they choose the right candy to give to the right person. You don't want to give the "kiss me" one to the class dork, and you can't mistakenly give the "I like you" one to the kid you have a crush on. Terrible, isn't it?

Anyway, Happy Valentine's day to everyone at PF and special cheers to all of those who are unfortunate enough not to be able to see Valentine today :smile:

Here's my Valentine's wish to PF: May you each have at least one person in your life who shows you they love you each and every day so that you don't need this one day a year just to know you're loved.

Moonbear said:
Here's my Valentine's wish to PF: May you each have at least one person in your life who shows you they love you each and every day so that you don't need this one day a year just to know you're loved.

Amen. Guess you found that nunnish soul after all. :)

As for "celebrating" valentine's day, I've read cellbiology and my girlfriend worked on her practice case in a law-contest. So, no need to make it into anything particular by force. But you PF members have a very good day anyway!

how very sweet moonbear! i don't get as sappy as i once did about Valentines day...my husband and i went out for Thai food Saturday, so that's our way of celebrating. i did endulge in a big bar of Caramello, my favorite chocolate!

humanino said:
I kept my package, just in case o:)

I like them!

I can eat a whole bag like nothing. :biggrin:

http://www.swinginchicks.com/littleredlunch.JPG

Didn't Charlie Brown finally score with that little red-headed hoochie mama?
I can't remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only wanted a big hug for today, but I got 30 red roses :blushing: I've still got some of my Belgian chocolates that I received last week (I like to take my time eating good stuff) :redface:

Monique said:
I got 30 red roses
Should not one always offer an odd number of roses :confused:

humanino said:
Should not one always offer an odd number of roses :confused:

I've never heard that. Is that a French tradition? In the US, they tend to be delivered by the dozen. If you get a number that's not an even dozen, then it means the guy actually put thought into it rather than walking into the florist and asking for whatever the Valentine's special might be. :smile:

In Romania,the even # of flowers are offered at a funeral to the widow,for example,while "normal" women (:-p) get an odd # of flowers (the symbolistics is rather obvious)...

Da

niel.

dextercioby said:
In Romania,the even # of flowers are offered at a funeral to the widow,for example,while "normal" women (:-p) get an odd # of flowers (the symbolistics is rather obvious)...

Da

niel.

Are you saying normal women are all odd?

Red roses always remind me of funerals. You place single red roses on the coffin at the gravesite.

I like yellow roses since I am Texan!

Math Is Hard said:
I like yellow roses since I am Texan!

Ooh, yellow is a good color choice! Bright and sweet. I almost never think of yellow when I think of roses, but you're right, that would be nicer than red (mostly because it does require some thought).

Monique said:
I only wanted a big hug for today, but I got 30 red roses :blushing: I've still got some of my Belgian chocolates that I received last week (I like to take my time eating good stuff) :redface:
I got nothing for Valentine's Day. :cry:

Back