Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices

• MHB
  • Thread starter LorraineP
  • Start date
In summary, the desired display price of $39.95 can be achieved by setting the sale price at $53.27 and applying a 25% discount. This can be calculated by dividing the desired price by 0.75.
LorraineP
Hello,

It's been 40 years since I've sat in a math class. And although I remember a lot, if you don't use it, you tend to lose it!
So, I have an e-commerce store and I want to set my prices as "on sale", trying a permanent sale technique, 25% off.

So here's what I thought would work:
  • Desired display price = $39.95
  • Entered in calculator 39.95 + 25% = $49.9375
  • Entered price online as $49.94
  • Set Sale to 25% off
  • Price ends up as $37.46
Whereas I wanted price to end up as $39.95

What am I doing wrong? Is there a formula I can follow?

Thank you for any and all help in advance :)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
LorraineP said:
Hello,

It's been 40 years since I've sat in a math class. And although I remember a lot, if you don't use it, you tend to lose it!
So, I have an e-commerce store and I want to set my prices as "on sale", trying a permanent sale technique, 25% off.

So here's what I thought would work:
Desired display price = \$39.95
Enter in calculator 39.95 + 25% = \$49.9375
Entered price online as \$49.94
Set Sale to 25% off
Price ends up as \$37.46
Whereas I wanted price to end up as \$39.95

What am I doing wrong? Is there a formula I can follow?

Thank you for any and all help in advance :)

let P = online price, S = sale price of 39.95

P - (25% discount of P) = S

P - 0.25P = S

P(1 - 0.25) = S

P(0.75) = S

P = S/0.75 = 39.95/0.75 = 53.27

skeeter said:
let P = online price, S = sale price of 39.95

P - (25% discount of P) = S

P - 0.25P = S

P(1 - 0.25) = S

P(0.75) = S

P = S/0.75 = 39.95/0.75 = 53.27

WOW thank you so VERY MUCH! You have saved me a migraine and a lot of time :)

Related to Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices

1. What is the discount offered for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices"?

The discount offered for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices" is 25% off the original price of the product or service.

2. How do I redeem the 25% off discount for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices"?

To redeem the 25% off discount for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices", simply enter the promo code provided at checkout or click on the designated link to automatically apply the discount.

3. Is the 25% off discount applicable to all products and services under "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices"?

Yes, the 25% off discount is applicable to all products and services under "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices". However, certain exclusions or limitations may apply. Please refer to the terms and conditions for more information.

4. How long is the 25% off discount valid for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices"?

The 25% off discount for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices" is valid for a limited time only. The expiration date will be stated in the promotion or offer details.

5. Can I combine the 25% off discount with other promotions or discounts for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices"?

Typically, the 25% off discount for "Get 25% Off - Save on E-Commerce Prices" cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, it is best to check the terms and conditions to confirm any potential exceptions.