Frame of reference: grade 2n vs. grade 2n-1

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential differences in describing physical processes in different dimensional frames of reference, specifically between 2n-1 and 2n-grade manifolds. The term "fundamental" is questioned and the need for a clearer definition is mentioned. The conversation ends with a request for any evidence or indication of a difference in nature between these two types of manifolds.
eaglechief
Hello all,

was it ever a point of discussion in cosmology, quantum-theory, mechanics, etc. that there is a fundamental difference in describing a physical process in a 2n-grade (4th, 6th, 8th-grade) frame of reference in comparison to a 2n-1-grade (3rd, 5th, 7th-grade) frame ?

Thanks in advance
eaglechief

Space news on Phys.org
Do you mean DIMENSIONAL frames of reference? I'm unfamiliar with the term "n-grade frame of reference", a quick google search seems to confirm it isn't a term used in physics. If you do, then you'll also have to define/explain what you mean by "fundamental". Generally, the number of spatial (or spatiotemporal) dimensions of a system is considered a "fundamental" property. Since relativistic dynamics is intimately concerned about vectors in pseudo-Riemannian vector spaces, and a basic property of a vector space is the number of independent components of each vector, I'm pretty much at a loss at guessing at a meaning of the term "fundamental" which would exclude this.

Hello ogg and thanks for your answer.

Sorry not to be very precise but i am native german and my english is less than perfect. Yes, i do think you're right and "dimensional frame of reference" fits better.
I am trying to understand if there is a difference in describing processes in an (for instance) 3D, 5D, 7-dimensional manifold in comparison to a f.i. 4D, 6D, 10D-manifold.
Forget the word "fundamental". Is there a hint in any respect, that "nature" makes a difference between (2n-1) and (2n)-grade manifolds ?

thx !
eaglechief

Related to Frame of reference: grade 2n vs. grade 2n-1

What is the difference between grade 2n and grade 2n-1?

The difference between grade 2n and grade 2n-1 is that grade 2n-1 is one grade level below grade 2n. This means that the material covered in grade 2n-1 may be slightly easier or more basic compared to grade 2n.

Why is there a difference between these two grade levels?

The difference between grade 2n and grade 2n-1 is due to the educational standards and curriculum set by each individual school or district. These standards may vary slightly, resulting in a difference of one grade level.

How does the frame of reference affect learning and understanding in these grades?

The frame of reference, or the level at which a student is learning, can greatly impact their understanding and learning in these grades. If a student is struggling to understand material in grade 2n, they may benefit from reviewing material in grade 2n-1 before moving on.

What can be done to bridge the gap between these two grade levels?

To bridge the gap between grade 2n and grade 2n-1, teachers can incorporate review material from grade 2n-1 into their lessons for grade 2n. This can help reinforce important concepts and aid in the understanding of new material.

Is it normal for there to be a difference in grade levels within the same subject?

Yes, it is normal for there to be a difference in grade levels within the same subject. Educational standards and curriculums can vary, and as students progress through different grades, the material covered may become more complex or specialized.