Forum is so fast, it shows future posts

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a forum user who clicked on the bell icon to see notifications and noticed that the timestamps on the forum seemed to be indicating that they had traveled into the future. Another user warns them about the consequences of time travel and they discuss the possibility of the forum accounting for time zone differences. The issue of the timestamps being incorrect is brought up again and one user plans to report it to the forum developers.
Borek
Mentor
No idea what/how - just clicked on the bell icon to see notifications. W11, Chrome.

1681283757072.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes DennisN, russ_watters, hmmm27 and 7 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Borek said:
No idea what/how - just clicked on the bell icon to see notifications. W11, Chrome.

View attachment 324764
It was obviously you who traveled into the future according to the "marked" timestamps, not the forum.

Ok., you can do this. Obviously. It is your choice. But I have to warn you to publish that again. It would earn you serious consequences since traveling faster than light is impossible. Just wanted to let you know before your next trip into the future. :cool:

• Haha
Likes DennisN and Tom.G
Just guessing, forum is programmed to account for time zone differences?

Likes russ_watters
I've seen it sometimes, I think when I go back to a page that I loaded hours earlier and don't refresh it.

Likes russ_watters
symbolipoint said:
Just guessing, forum is programmed to account for time zone differences?
That would produce 1h difference at most (and yes, in many places that's a problem, especially during the transition between winter/summer time, as in different places they occur in different moments).

It's doing it again.

Yeah I see it too, I'll report it to the devs