Finished explaining my thought experiment

In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of losing a thought experiment post just before finishing. It is suggested to use a word processor to avoid this issue in the future. The conversation ends with the suggestion to use CTRL + C to avoid losing work.
cerburos
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
It has happened to me again! This has to have been the 3rd or 4th post I lost just b4 finishing. This only happens in these forums. Does this happen to any1 else?

I had just about finished explaining my thought experiment when, idk did i presss a wrong button? I lost everything. I had spent nearly 30min writing. Trying to make it as clear as possible. It was my first time to share a TE with some one. I wanted to know what yall thought.

Physics news on Phys.org

cerburos said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
It has happened to me again! This has to have been the 3rd or 4th post I lost just b4 finishing. This only happens in these forums. Does this happen to any1 else?

I had just about finished explaining my thought experiment when, idk did i presss a wrong button? I lost everything. I had spent nearly 30min writing. Trying to make it as clear as possible. It was my first time to share a TE with some one. I wanted to know what yall thought.

I thought your lost thought experiment was interesting.

Perhaps from now on, as it appears your browser or something doesn't like PF, you should do these longer writeups in a word processor and then copy and paste them.

binzing said:
Perhaps from now on, as it appears your browser or something doesn't like PF, you should do these longer writeups in a word processor and then copy and paste them.

Good idea, ill try that if this continues. right now I am chalking it up to the gremlins.

CTRL + C is your best friend.

Related to Finished explaining my thought experiment

What is a thought experiment?

A thought experiment is a method used by scientists and philosophers to explore complex ideas and theories. It involves imagining a hypothetical scenario or scenario and using logic and reasoning to draw conclusions about the real world.

Why do scientists use thought experiments?

Thought experiments allow scientists to explore ideas that may not be feasible or ethical to test in the real world. They also help to reveal flaws in existing theories and lead to new discoveries and insights.

How do you conduct a thought experiment?

A thought experiment typically involves setting up a hypothetical scenario and then using reasoning and logic to predict the outcome. This can involve making assumptions, testing various scenarios, and considering different perspectives.

Can thought experiments be proven?

No, thought experiments cannot be proven as they are based on hypothetical scenarios. However, they can provide valuable insights and contribute to the development of scientific theories and ideas.

What is the difference between a thought experiment and a real experiment?

A thought experiment is conducted in the mind and does not involve any physical or tangible materials. A real experiment, on the other hand, involves manipulating variables and collecting data in a controlled setting.