Find the limit of trigonometric function

In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to solve a calculus question and seeking help from someone more knowledgeable. The question involves simplifying expressions using long division and finding a value for k to make two definitions of f(x) equal. The person receiving the message suspects it may be a homework question and advises the sender to simplify the expressions using the decomposition method.
AMateen
hi there,
just new to this form

Physics news on Phys.org
You seem to have left something out. What is the question?

Hello theres,
Thanks for the reply,
I tried to copy the math equation on message board, but it didnt work, so sending as attachment, please help me to understand the concept & the way of solving calculas question,

I appreciate your suport!

Regards
Mateen

Attachments

• Question.doc
    18.5 KB · Views: 228
Looks an awful lot like homework to me. Even so, try to simplify your expressions. The question isn't actually asking about a trig function, seeing as there's no trig function there. Either something didn't show up or the question's trying to mislead you with its use of 'theta's. You can use long division of polynomials to simplify these expressions.

For the first use the decomposition xn-1=(x-1)(xn-1+xn-2+...1) for both the numerator and denominator and cancel out the x-1 terms.

For the second let x=2 for both definitions of f(x) and find k so that they are equal.

Related to Find the limit of trigonometric function

1. What is the definition of a limit in trigonometric functions?

A limit in trigonometric functions refers to the value that a trigonometric function approaches as its input variable approaches a certain value. It is denoted by the notation lim f(x), where x is the input variable and f(x) is the trigonometric function.

2. How can I find the limit of a trigonometric function algebraically?

To find the limit of a trigonometric function algebraically, you can use the following techniques: direct substitution, factoring, rationalization, and trigonometric identities. You can also use L'Hopital's rule if the limit involves indeterminate forms such as 0/0 or ∞/∞.

3. What is the Squeeze Theorem and how is it used to find limits of trigonometric functions?

The Squeeze Theorem, also known as the Sandwich Theorem, states that if two functions, g(x) and h(x), are both approaching the same limit L as x approaches a certain value, and f(x) is squeezed between g(x) and h(x), then f(x) also approaches the limit L as x approaches the same value. This theorem is often used to find limits of trigonometric functions by finding two simpler functions that squeeze the trigonometric function between them.

4. Can I use a graph to find the limit of a trigonometric function?

Yes, you can use a graph to estimate the limit of a trigonometric function. By plotting the function and approaching the input value from both sides, you can see if the function is approaching a specific value or if the limit does not exist. However, this method is not always accurate and should be used as a visual aid rather than a definitive answer.

5. Are there any special cases when finding limits of trigonometric functions?

Yes, there are a few special cases when finding limits of trigonometric functions. One case is when the input value is approaching the asymptotes of the function. In this case, the limit does not exist. Another case is when the input value is approaching a value where the function is undefined, such as when the denominator of a fraction is approaching 0. In this case, the limit also does not exist.