Find a Free FTP Server to Share Files with Friends

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a freeware FTP server to share files with friends. Suggestions are made for CuteFTP (a client program), setting up direct connect through programs like DC++ and using hub software such as Opendchub.
manesh
hi guys
could you please tell me a freeware FTP server with which I can share my files with my friends..,,
cu

Computer science news on Phys.org
http://www.globalscape.com/cuteftp/

I believe CuteFTP is a CLIENT program, not a server of hosting space. Unless you have access to a university's server or other institution you belong (ask them), then maybe your best choice is to open a free account on a place like Geocities.com or Tripod.com.

Related to Find a Free FTP Server to Share Files with Friends

What is an FTP server?

An FTP server is a type of computer server that is used to transfer files over the internet. It allows users to upload and download files to and from a remote server.

Why would I need a free FTP server to share files with friends?

If you want to share large files or a large number of files with your friends, using a free FTP server is a convenient and secure way to do so. It also allows for faster transfer speeds compared to other methods such as email or file sharing websites.

What are the benefits of using a free FTP server?

Using a free FTP server allows for easy and efficient file sharing with friends, as well as providing a secure way to transfer files. It also allows for user control and customization of file permissions and access.

Are there any limitations to using a free FTP server?

Some free FTP servers may have limitations on the size or number of files that can be transferred, as well as limited storage space. It is important to research and choose a reputable and reliable free FTP server to avoid potential limitations.

How do I find a free FTP server to share files with friends?

There are various free FTP server options available online. You can search for them using a search engine or browse through online directories. It is important to read reviews and compare features before deciding on a free FTP server to use.