Exploring the Moon: Discovering Lunar Frequencies and Radiations

In summary, the conversation discusses various facts about the moon, such as its slow movement away from the Earth, the presence of Helium 3, its role in the collision between Earth and Theia, and its interaction with cosmic rays and solar flares. The conversation also touches on the potential challenges humans may face on the moon due to radiation and the moon's effect on the Earth's core during moon cycles. The speed of the moon's motion around the zodiac and its precession with a period of 8.85 years are also mentioned. Lastly, there is a discussion about the difficulty of lifting objects on the moon due to its lower gravity.
mreq
Hy. I want to find a lot of info about the moon. I've read about gravity. I want to know about the frequencies, radiations and whatever there is, and how them interact with earth.
Where should i search?
Thanks!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Im not sure what you mean by "I want to know about the frequencies, radiations and whatever there is, and how them interact with earth", but i do know some interesting facts about the moon.

• The Moon is slowly moving away from the earth

The Moon contains a lot of Helium 3, which may one day be used as an energy source

Both the Moon and the Earth are reminents of the collision between Earth and the small planet (Theia), before then there was no moon

The Moon orbit is slowly stopping the rotation of the Earth

The gravitational pull of the Earth on the moon can occasionally cause Moon quakes

Hope this helps :)

But is there any sort of radiation reflected from the sun by the moon ?

Nothing special, the moon is exposed to cosmic rays and solar flares but the effect of either these on the moon doesn't really cause any electromagnetic disruption or effect of any kind on the earth.

To be blunt the moon is basically just a big rock. Planets like Mercury contain Iron and could possibly cause electromagnetic disruption, the moon reflects normal light from the Sun onto the Earth but other than that i can't really think of anything.

I have found an article about problems man may one day face on the moon due to radiation. http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2005/08sep_radioactivemoon/

mreq:

Of course the answer to question is "moonshine" - is this a trick question?

Your instincts that interesting things happen because of all that solar energy smacking the lunar surface is on the money IMO. The moon is not quite as boring as people think.

In recent years there has been evidence that some of the dust on the surface is lifted up several meters and then falls back down every time the sun sets. We do not have good measurements of this, and I don't think we even understand what is going on.

The riddler said:
Both the Moon and the Earth are reminents of the collision between Earth and the small planet (Theia), before then there was no moon

This is a theory, not by any means completely accepted.

What about the interaction of moon and cosmic rays / Earth and cosmic rays / moon-earth and cosmic rays.

And another question is that the moon interact with Earth's core during the moon cicles.

Last edited:
I've read about the speed of the Moon’s motion around the zodiac (increasing gradually and then decreasing gradually in the course of a month).
What you know ?

Or where i can find this info ?

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, but

The Moon's orbit, like any elliptical orbit, has an apogee, where it moves slowest, and a perigee, where it moves fastest. So yes, its speed across the sky changes over the course of a month.

Where i can see this?

In addition, the line of apsides (the line joining perigee and apogee) undergoes precession with a period of 8.85 years. So what part of the zodiac the Moon is in when it is moving at its fastest changes over the course of 8.85 yrs.

mreq said:
Where i can see this?

Up in the sky, where it always is.

Are you reading these replies, or just asking questions for the sake of asking questions? It's very hard to figure out what you mean, as your messages don't seem to follow the responses you are getting. Maybe you might take the time to think about what you are asking and to then write it as clearly as you can.

as moon has lower gravity than Earth it is easier to lift object up.(u are a superman)
however lifting it and moving with it or pushing is not easy csz then inertia comes into effect as gravity acts towards the center not side by side(back to normal)lol
think i should improve my writing.

Can be replicated the energy of the moon ?

Enough. Thread locked.

Related to Exploring the Moon: Discovering Lunar Frequencies and Radiations

1. What is the purpose of exploring the moon?

The purpose of exploring the moon is to gain a better understanding of its origin, composition, and evolution. It can also provide valuable information about the history of our solar system and potentially even help us understand the formation of other planets.

2. How do scientists study lunar frequencies and radiations?

Scientists study lunar frequencies and radiations using various instruments and techniques such as radio telescopes, spectrometers, and lunar orbiters. These tools help measure and analyze different types of radiation emitted from the moon, including visible light, infrared, ultraviolet, and X-rays.

3. Why is it important to explore the moon's frequencies and radiations?

Exploring the moon's frequencies and radiations can provide valuable insights into its geological processes, surface composition, and potential resources. It can also help us better understand space weather and its effects on satellites and human exploration.

4. What have scientists discovered about lunar frequencies and radiations?

Scientists have discovered that the moon emits various types of radiation, including thermal emissions, reflected sunlight, and cosmic rays. They have also found evidence of water molecules and other volatile elements on the moon's surface, which can affect the frequency and intensity of its emissions.

5. How does studying lunar frequencies and radiations benefit us on Earth?

Studying lunar frequencies and radiations can provide useful information for various fields such as astronomy, planetary science, and space exploration. It can also help us better understand the effects of radiation on human health and develop technologies to protect against it.