Exploring the Intersection of Computing Theory and Physics

• Thread starter unmais
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of computing theory and physics focuses on the application of computational methods and theories in understanding and solving problems in physics. This involves using computer algorithms and programming languages to simulate physical phenomena and analyze data from experiments. The goal is to enhance our understanding of the fundamental laws of nature and develop new technologies that can advance our understanding of the physical world. This interdisciplinary field has led to breakthroughs in areas such as quantum computing, cosmology, and materials science, and continues to hold promise for further advancements in both computing and physics.
unmais
Hi,

I'm a new member that hopes to learn a lot from these fora and maybe, in the long term, help others learn too.

My background is engineering (computer science) and some math studies that I got too old and too lazy to finish. Still I keep doing research in computing theory that is pretty much close to certain types of pure maths.

Lately I have been realizing that in order to make clear certain aspects of the computer theory I am playing with I will need to fully understand concepts such as time, space and energy, so I have now a new hobby - physics.

Cheers,

David

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF David!