Exploring Quantum Physics: A Journey of Discovery Later in Life

• Thread starter ChicagoJan
  • Start date
In summary, exploring quantum physics later in life can be a rewarding and exciting journey. It allows individuals to understand the fundamental principles of the universe and challenge their perception of reality. Through studying topics such as quantum mechanics, entanglement, and superposition, one can gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the complexity and beauty of the world we live in. Additionally, the field of quantum physics continues to evolve and offer new insights, making it a fascinating area for lifelong learning and exploration.
ChicagoJan
Hi everyone! My name is Janet. I'm 54 years old and I'm considering going to school. I'm not even sure I want a career in physics, but I want to learn more about quantum physics which has me completely fascinated and I get stuck because I lack fundamental knowledge. I spent a large part of my life struggling with alcoholism and mental illness -- and had no interest or drive for much of anything academic. That is a completely different story in the past several years, but I'm still kind of left with some of the "mess" my life became and it's very difficult for me to manage even day to day life, let alone go to school. But nothing excites me more than physics and I just can't ignore it. Whether I do go back to school or not, I want to learn all I can and I want to interact with others who also share an intense appreciation of physics.
- Janet

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi ChicagoJan. :welcome:

Good luck with your return to study.

Likes ChicagoJan
NascentOxygen said:
Hi ChicagoJan. :welcome:

Good luck with your return to study.
Thank you!