Exploring Physics Discussions: A Welcome to PF!

• Thread starter Ankita Negi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hello
In summary, Exploring Physics Discussions is a welcoming online forum for discussing all things related to the field of physics. It provides a platform for experts and enthusiasts to share their knowledge, ask questions, and engage in discussions about various topics such as classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and quantum physics. The community is open to students, teachers, and professionals alike, making it a valuable resource for anyone interested in expanding their understanding of the laws and principles that govern our physical world.
Ankita Negi
Hello everyone,

I am a regular college student currently pursuing my Masters in Physics. I don't know how this forum works though? What the forum rules are etc.? I read something about the "No homework questions please" rule. Well, that's a bummer. (jk I hope we are allowed to make jokes?)

I don't know how much I can contribute to this forum. Honestly, I don't think of myself as quite an excellent Physicist. I am a reticent person in real life and I mostly talk more on the internet behind the screen. But I hope to learn from the discussions with the Physics community on here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF.

The "No Homework" notices are in the technical forums -- schoolwork questions go in the Homework Help forums. :smile:

The New Member Introductions forum is for brief introductory posts. If you have schoolwork type questions, please post in the Homework Help forums, and fill out the Homework Help Template that you are provided when starting a new thread in the schoolwork forums. Please be sure to fill out the sections on the Relevant Equations, and show your Attempt at a Solution. If you do that, you will get good tutorial help on your schoolwork questions here.

If you have a technical question about your work, or general technical questions, do a forum search to see if it has been discussed already, and if not, start a new thread in the appropriate technical forum. Please always post links to the reading you have been doing about your question -- that helps us to see where you are in your exploration of the subject.

There is more helpful info for how to post, etc., at the top of the page, under INFO, Help/How-To. Enjoy! :smile:

Likes Ankita Negi
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

The "No Homework" notices are in the technical forums -- schoolwork questions go in the Homework Help forums. :smile:

The New Member Introductions forum is for brief introductory posts. If you have schoolwork type questions, please post in the Homework Help forums, and fill out the Homework Help Template that you are provided when starting a new thread in the schoolwork forums. Please be sure to fill out the sections on the Relevant Equations, and show your Attempt at a Solution. If you do that, you will get good tutorial help on your schoolwork questions here.

If you have a technical question about your work, or general technical questions, do a forum search to see if it has been discussed already, and if not, start a new thread in the appropriate technical forum. Please always post links to the reading you have been doing about your question -- that helps us to see where you are in your exploration of the subject.

There is more helpful info for how to post, etc., at the top of the page, under INFO, Help/How-To. Enjoy! :smile:
Thanks.

Welcome to PF!