Exploring Cosmology: From the Big Bang to Parallel Universes

• Thread starter Souhardya Nandi
  • Start date
In summary, cosmology is the study of the origin and evolution of the universe. It delves into the Big Bang theory, which suggests that the universe began as a singularity and has been expanding ever since. Cosmologists also explore the concept of parallel universes, theorizing that there may be multiple universes existing simultaneously alongside our own. Through observations and experiments, scientists continue to uncover new insights and theories about the vast and complex nature of our universe.
Souhardya Nandi
Hi everyone. My name is Souhardya Nandi and I have been an intense lover of physics ever since I was born.( Ok, that's too much but hey, I really love physics ). What interests me most is cosmology. I am absolutely fascinated by the study how the universe came and where it is headed. I am a lover of Hawking, Raychowdhury, Weinberg, Dr. Michio Kaku, Carl Sagan anf have read and am reading their works. Though I study in class 11, I have left no stone unturned in learning about cosmology. My teachers are also sure about that. I am going to diacuss great amounts of cosmology over here. Just please don't exclude me just because I am still in high school. I want to actively participate in cosmological talks. You can trust me. I am a scholar of West Bengal government of India. A brief history of time and parallel universes are all I need to know.[emoji6]

Likes ISamson
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. You'll need to learn to distinguish actual science books (Weinberg for example) from very suspect popular-science books (Dr. Michio Kaku, for example). If you read something like Weinberg's "The First Three Minutes", you are reading real science. When you read Kaku, you are reading popularizations that cannot be trusted. Even serious physicists like Hawking make statements in their pop-sci presentations that they would not make in actual science papers.