Everybody builds a cars or automobile as project

In summary, the person is in need of a project idea for their final year project and is interested in automobiles and designing car exteriors. They have thought about making a car with a unique design but do not have access to workshops for fabrication. They have also considered using Lego Mindstorms but feel it is too basic and electronics-heavy. They want a career in automobiles and are seeking a project idea involving mechanical components, specifically linkages or hydraulics. They are open to suggestions and appreciate any help.
R Power
Hi guys
I am in a big problem. I have to make a final year project. Although am interested in automobiles(cars) and have real talent in deigning their exterior. But my friends say everybody builds a cars or automobile as project ... make something different. What should i make?
I thought i would make a car and give it a exceptional look but i don't have access to workshops that can do fabrication.
I thought about lego mindstorms but that is too kiddy. Everything is given to you and u just assemble and it's too much electronics and computer based which i hate interfering in mechanics.
I want a carrer in automobiles cars though so should i stick to that for project?
Or if u have any idea please give me but that shouldn't involve too much sensors or computer please. I hate the traction control system in cars bcoz it too much based on electronics (and also decreases driving pleasure).
Plz give me a solid purely mechanical project idea involving much linkages or hydraullics or any automobile idea(better).
Plz help.

Thanx to all.:)

Engineering news on Phys.org

You could make modifications to increase the car's fuel efficiency. Research about drag on vehicles then make yours more aerodynamic. Measure the car's MPG (miles per gallon) before and after, taking great care to keep everything the same except your mods. Research what things affect MPG (wind, tire pressure, etc).

Related to Everybody builds a cars or automobile as project

1. What is the purpose of this project?

The purpose of this project is to encourage hands-on learning and problem-solving skills by having individuals build their own cars or automobiles. It also allows for understanding of the different components and mechanics involved in a vehicle.

2. What materials are needed for this project?

The materials needed for this project may vary, but typically include a chassis, wheels, axles, motor, battery, and various tools for assembly. Some kits may also include additional parts such as gears, pulleys, and sensors.

3. Is this project suitable for all ages?

This project can be adapted for different age groups, but it is generally recommended for ages 8 and up. Younger children may require more assistance and supervision, while older individuals may be able to work independently.

4. How long does it take to complete this project?

The time it takes to complete this project can vary depending on the complexity of the kit and the individual's skill level. Some kits may take a few hours to assemble, while others may take several days. It is important to read the instructions carefully and take breaks as needed.

5. What skills can be gained from this project?

This project can help develop skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and fine motor skills. It can also teach individuals about basic mechanics and engineering principles. Additionally, this project can foster creativity and teamwork if done in a group setting.