Equivalence of maps on l-infinity (involves limits, suprema and sums)

In summary, the conversation is about a normed space with a subspace of convergent sequences. The goal is to show that a sequence of maps defined on this space converges to the same limit as the original sequence. The homework equations and attempt at a solution suggest that the solution involves showing that a sequence of averages converges, but the specific method is not yet clear.
TaPaKaH

Homework Statement

Normed space [itex](l^\infty,\|\cdot\|_\infty)[/itex] with subspace [itex]S\subset l^\infty[/itex] consisting of convergent sequences [itex]x=(x_n)_{n\in\mathbb{N}}[/itex].

Given a sequence of maps [itex]A_n:l^\infty\to\mathbb{R}[/itex] defined as $$A_n(x)=\sup_{i\in\mathbb{N}}\frac{1}{n}\sum_{j=0}^{n-1}x_{i+j}$$need to show that for any [itex]x\in S[/itex] one has$$\lim_{n\to\infty}A_n(x)=\lim_{n\to\infty}x_n.$$

Homework Equations

Already shown that for any [itex]x\in l^\infty[/itex] the sequence [itex]A_n(x)[/itex] is monotone decreasing in [itex]n[/itex] and is bounded by [itex]\|x\|_\infty[/itex] therefore is convergent.

The Attempt at a Solution

It's more or less clear to me that if a sequence converges then a sequence of "averages" also converges, but I am struggling to find a way to write this out explicitly.

Physics news on Phys.org
nevermind, solved it myself via evaluations from both sides

Related to Equivalence of maps on l-infinity (involves limits, suprema and sums)

1. What is the definition of equivalence of maps on l-infinity?

Equivalence of maps on l-infinity refers to the idea that two maps or functions are considered equivalent if they have the same limit, supremum, and sum values for all inputs. In simpler terms, they produce the same output for all possible inputs.

2. How is the equivalence of maps on l-infinity determined?

The equivalence of maps on l-infinity is determined by comparing the limits, supremum, and sum values of the two maps. If they are equal for all inputs, then the maps are considered equivalent.

3. What is the importance of equivalence of maps on l-infinity in mathematics?

The concept of equivalence of maps on l-infinity is important in mathematics because it allows us to compare and analyze different functions that may have different forms but produce the same results. It helps us to understand the relationships between different functions and their behaviors.

4. Can two maps be equivalent on l-infinity but have different forms?

Yes, two maps can be equivalent on l-infinity even if they have different forms. As long as their limit, supremum, and sum values are equal for all inputs, they are considered equivalent.

5. How is equivalence of maps on l-infinity different from other types of equivalence?

Equivalence of maps on l-infinity is specific to functions and involves comparing their limit, supremum, and sum values. Other types of equivalence, such as algebraic equivalence, may involve comparing the equations or expressions themselves.