Does Consciousness Define the Existence and Purpose of the Universe?

• Thread starter Raymoss
  • Start date
In summary, the concept of consciousness has been debated for centuries and its role in defining the existence and purpose of the universe remains a topic of much speculation. Some argue that consciousness is the foundation of all existence, while others believe it is simply a byproduct of biological processes. However, many theories suggest that consciousness plays a crucial role in shaping our understanding of the universe and our place within it. Ultimately, the true nature and significance of consciousness in the grand scheme of the universe is a mystery that continues to intrigue and elude us.
Raymoss
How did you find PF?
I would like to discuss the simplification of life the universe and everything. The question I pose is: if there is no life does the universe have a purpose or actually exist? I propose that one single life has the power of a star or any celestial body but with one difference, intellectual consciousness. I propose that this, and not the big bang was the creation point of space and time. Without consciousness space time has no purpose and no longer exists. When a life is extinguished the energy released is large enough to contribute to the expansion of the universe as intelligent energy can not be extinguised. The extensive life throughout the universe and the ending of life in every realm where life exists expels intelligent energy at the end of each life no matter what the span. This would explain the expansion of the universe. Energy must have space and I believe intelligent energy is the food of the universe. I put it to you that if there was no life on Earth would the universe exist?

Physics news on Phys.org
Raymoss said:
How did you find PF?: online

I would like to discuss the simplification of life the universe and everything. The question I pose is: if there is no life does the universe have a purpose or actually exist? I propose that one single life has the power of a star or any celestial body but with one difference, intellectual consciousness. I propose that this, and not the big bang was the creation point of space and time. Without consciousness space time has no purpose and no longer exists. When a life is extinguished the energy released is large enough to contribute to the expansion of the universe as intelligent energy can not be extinguised. The extensive life throughout the universe and the ending of life in every realm where life exists expels intelligent energy at the end of each life no matter what the span. This would explain the expansion of the universe. Energy must have space and I believe intelligent energy is the food of the universe. I put it to you that if there was no life on Earth would the universe exist?
Welcome to the PF, Ray.

As explained in the rules (see INFO at the top of the page), we do not discuss philosophy and we do not allow speculation or personal theory development. We discuss mainstream science as published in peer-reviewed journal articles and mainstream textbooks.

We hope you can enjoy the PF within our rules. This introductory thread is now closed.