Does anyone watch How it's made

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary, the conversation revolves around the show "How It's Made" and its popularity among the participants. They discuss the channel it airs on and their opinions on the narrator's voice. One participant asks for help finding a specific episode for a project.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Does anyone watch "How it's made"

Why do i like this show? Nay, why do i LOVE THIS SHOW. I bet this show gets millions of viewers! Does anyone know how i could find out what ratings this show gets?

Physics news on Phys.org
I've never heard of it. What channel is it on?

Huh ?

I've never heard of it either, but that doesn't mean much. There are shows that I just learned about this week that apparently are already in their third season or so. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
I've never heard of it either, but that doesn't mean much. There are shows that I just learned about this week that apparently are already in their third season or so. :rolleyes:

Thats just because you're out of touch with reality. All those radioactive substances you encountered in your quest to conquer the world would probably have that effect.

It's on the Science Channel you freaks!

Pengwuino said:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Called freaks by a talking puffin. Well, I'll be hogtied to a mattress in old soho.

Pengwuino said:
There's a science channel? I think I only have a Sci Fi channel. :frown:

Moonbear said:
There's a science channel? I think I only have a Sci Fi channel. :frown:

it's on... bum bum bummmmmm... digital cable!

Pengwuino said:
it's on... bum bum bummmmmm... digital cable!
Oh, I don't get that. I don't watch the channels I already have, so no point spending exhorbitant amounts of money on even more channels.

I saw that on the tv listings tonight, looked very interesting. I plan to watch it. It's also on the Discovery Channel.

Yeah i watch it all the time. It's not something i "plan", but whenever i come across it i can't change the channel. :smile:

Evo said:
I saw that on the tv listings tonight, looked very interesting. I plan to watch it. It's also on the Discovery Channel.
Okay, I think I get that channel. I'll have to check the listings. I only found out yesterday, as everyone was talking about the season finales, that there are apparently new shows, not just old syndicated stuff (that's all I ever come across) on the Sci Fi channel that I never even knew existed (or some I knew existed, but never knew when they were on so have only watched the old episodes in syndication when they're on at 3 AM on the networks).

I watched it somtimes.I haven't watched too much since I only got digital cabel a few weeks ago

I should yell at dish for not having the science channel on whatever we are paying for right now.

How It's Made is a fascinating show and, yes, it's on the Discovery channel.

What about the The Myth Busters? Surely, Pengwuino, if you watch How It's Made you watch The Myth Busters. Or is that a whole other thread?

GeorginaS said:
How It's Made is a fascinating show and, yes, it's on the Discovery channel.

What about the The Myth Busters? Surely, Pengwuino, if you watch How It's Made you watch The Myth Busters. Or is that a whole other thread?

They are my religion.

There's also a "How stuff works" i believe.

That's a website

Isn't there a "How it works" or something?

C'mon guys, I LOOOVE that show! The Science Channel is my favorite channel! I haven't seen it since summer because in Guam we only have ~50 channels. Do they have a better narrator? The narrator they had when I saw it was kind of a stereotypical "boring-voiced" narrator.

Connections was still better. :cool:

I love documentaries, but i really hate all of the dramatizations that are getting to be really common in these. Like, i was watching a NOVA documentary on PBS, i think about Einstein, and 80% was just some bad theatre where everyone, including Einstein, talked and acted like they were on some Shakespeare play. That really, really bothered me. I had to change the channel, it was so lame, it become overwhelming.

BTW, I agree on the narrator of "How it's made" being boring. In fact many a time i have rambled on about that to my brother. It sounds like he's salivating way too much. I'm very sensitive to bad narrators. One that i actually liked was William Shatner, i thought he was a good narrator even before i realized who it was.

Last edited:
Where Can I download this episode?

Hey guys, I`m making a fake bonsai tree for art class, and I can't find the download for the episode `How it`s made`shows it on. It is season 6 episode 66, the first episode in that season. If you can help me, reply. Thx.

-Job- said:
I agree on the narrator of "How it's made" being boring. In fact many a time i have rambled on about that to my brother. It sounds like he's salivating way too much.

He? Every eposode that I've seen, the narrator was Lynn Hertzog or the other woman (also producer/writer) whose name I can't recall at the moment. Never heard a male voice on it.
I watch it whenever it isn't one that I've already seen (and sometimes even then). I've never heard of the 'Science Channel'; I get it on Discovery.
Can't help you with your question, Agonylord. Sorry.

Related to Does anyone watch How it's made

1. What is "How it's made"?

"How it's made" is a documentary television series that showcases the process of how various everyday objects are manufactured and produced.

2. How long has "How it's made" been on air?

The show first premiered in 2001 and has been on air for over 20 seasons, making it one of the longest-running documentary series on television.

3. Who narrates "How it's made"?

The show has been narrated by several different narrators over the years, including Mark Tewksbury, Lynne Adams, and Brooks Moore. Currently, the narrator is Lynne Adams.

4. How are the objects featured on "How it's made" chosen?

The objects featured on the show are chosen based on their popularity and relevance to everyday life. The production team also takes into consideration the manufacturing process and how interesting it would be to viewers.

5. Is "How it's made" accurate and informative?

Yes, the show is known for its accuracy and attention to detail. The production team works closely with experts and companies to ensure that the information presented is correct and up-to-date.