Does anybody know what hurkyl is up to nowadays?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the whereabouts of a former member of Physics Forums, Hurkyl. The participants have searched for information about him and have found some of his posts on other websites. They also speculate about the reasons for his absence and express their desire for him to come back. However, they acknowledge that people take breaks and it is important to have alternative ways of contacting someone in case they disappear from a platform.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I've seen his website while searching the web...

I also found some posts of a poster called Creator in mathoverflow... I am not sure if this is the same poster as in PF.
https://riptutorial.com/pl/contributor/1084944/hurkyl

That's what I do when I am bored... checking on others. :-D

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
I checked here and the last time he posted was in June 2013. His last few posts looked okay. So I guess it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Calling @Hurkyl wherever you are!

In the past when longtime members have stopped posting suddenly we sometimes learn sadly that they've passed on from a family member familiar with their passion for posting on PF. In those cases, @Greg Bernhardt adds a badge to their profile of "Dearly Missed".

@Hurkyl was a Staff Emeritus of PF and so that's likely what may have happened. @Greg Bernhardt may know more.

I did find this thread in 2015 about him:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/what-became-of-hurkyl.808070/

Likes Greg Bernhardt
This is more fun than "Where's Waldo?"!

I'm guessing he's at the Hollywood Bowl.

Did some digging and couldn’t find anything else either.

I think that he’s alive and likely well. He’s still young and is probably happier and busier than before!

He might come back. Many people take breaks!

If you really like someone online and want to be friends, then it’s probably best to try and get extra contact info. I miss micromass and when I logged onto my PF account after being inactive for a few years, those messages had been wiped and I have no other way of contacting him again!

Related to Does anybody know what hurkyl is up to nowadays?

1. What is hurkyl?

Hurkyl is not a known scientific term or concept. It is possible that it refers to a person's name, a made-up word, or a specific object or phenomenon in a certain field of study.

2. Is hurkyl a scientific term?

No, hurkyl is not a recognized scientific term. It is likely to be a word or name used in a specific context or field of study, but it does not have a standardized definition or meaning.

3. Why is there limited information about hurkyl?

Since hurkyl is not a commonly known term or concept, there may be limited information available about it. It could also be a recently coined term or a relatively obscure topic.

4. What is known about hurkyl's current activities?

Without more context or information, it is difficult to determine what hurkyl is currently doing. It is possible that the person or object referred to as hurkyl is not active or relevant in the present time.

5. How can I find out more about hurkyl?

If you are interested in learning more about hurkyl, you can try conducting a thorough internet search or consulting with experts in relevant fields. It may also be helpful to provide more specific information or context about hurkyl to narrow down the search.