Do you trust the US government to run an honest election

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Government
In summary: This is a clear example of significant election fraud, enough to affect the outcome of the election. The congresswoman is demanding that the UN monitors the US presidential election this year, to ensure fairness and prevent any potential fraud. However, some are against this idea, considering it an insult to the US, while others feel it is necessary due to past occurrences of alleged fraud. Overall, the idea of having UN monitors during voting is a contentious issue, with different opinions and justifications.

Do you trust the US Presidential Election Process?

• Yes: I expect that any errors are honest ones

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No: I expect election fraud in some places in the US

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • I expect significant but honest errors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncertain or otherwise: Please explain

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there was fraud in the last election, and I fear that this next election won't happen. There have been key statements, from the current administration that indicate that. One statement being that if there were terrorism attendant to the election, the election would be postponed. Then the statement by Tommy Franks, that if a nuclear weapon detonated in the US, we would scrap the Constitution and go with a military form of government. There are currents now, I have never seen before that this government is obsolete, and needs to be scrapped. The obsolescence has to do with failure to follow a rightwing sort of agenda. Bush said on television that he would not lose this election, but the way he said it, sounded like fait accompli.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dayle, ... do you mean this sort of way - "IF I CAN'T HAVE IT NOONE CAN! MU WHO ha HA hA Ha HA hhaaa" Oh, sorry just daydreaming, addressing the comment a few posts ago, "Would it be fraud if Kerry won?" Simple answer ...No. Kerry isn't the one who's supporters(cronies) owns the company that makes the easy to tamper with electonic voting machines! Duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't drawn any conclusions regarding this particular example. Funny that you would, considering the implications.

Claims are worthless in the absence of credibility. Perot has simply made too many bizarre comments over his career.

There are people out there that think Bill Clinton murdered some of his opponents. Without any evidence to support those claims, what good are they?

I think there was fraud in the last election, and I fear that this next election won't happen. There have been key statements, from the current administration that indicate that. One statement being that if there were terrorism attendant to the election, the election would be postponed.

This has been debated in another thread. I fail to see how this would bring the end to democracy.

Then the statement by Tommy Franks, that if a nuclear weapon detonated in the US, we would scrap the Constitution and go with a military form of government.

Link? I want to see his actual quote.

There are currents now, I have never seen before that this government is obsolete, and needs to be scrapped. The obsolescence has to do with failure to follow a rightwing sort of agenda.
Can you back up any of this with real statements?

Bush said on television that he would not lose this election, but the way he said it, sounded like fait accompli.

I think you are letting your hatred of Bush get the best of you. (Bill Clinton had the same effect on conservatives.)

Dayle Record said:
I think there was fraud in the last election, and I fear that this next election won't happen. There have been key statements, from the current administration that indicate that. One statement being that if there were terrorism attendant to the election, the election would be postponed. Then the statement by Tommy Franks, that if a nuclear weapon detonated in the US, we would scrap the Constitution and go with a military form of government. There are currents now, I have never seen before that this government is obsolete, and needs to be scrapped. The obsolescence has to do with failure to follow a rightwing sort of agenda. Bush said on television that he would not lose this election, but the way he said it, sounded like fait accompli.
This is very similar to a common Clinton conspiracy theory: Clinton passed a law re-organizing or updating FEMA. The conspiracy theory was that that was in preparation for siezing dictatorial power at the turn of the milenium after a manufactured Y2K bug.

More entertaining than yours, but just as absurd.
Njorl said:
The person who demanded that 1400 military absentee ballots be thrown out...

-Katherine Harris, Florida Secretary of State, Republican
That's fine, Njorl, there were notable dissenters on both sides (Clinton's SecDef was one who was opposed to the attempt to have them thrown out): but those dissenters didn't take any actions.

Gore did finally, in his concern for the nation concede to Bush.

ho di doe di doe, ho di doe, ho. :biggrin: