Discharging an RC Circuit: Insights from a Physics Forum Discussion

• Thread starter SunsCat19
  • Start date
In summary, a discussion on a physics forum provided insights on discharging an RC circuit, which involves the flow of current through a resistor and capacitor. The forum members shared their experiences and knowledge on factors affecting the discharge process, such as the value of the resistor and capacitor, the initial charge of the capacitor, and the characteristics of the circuit. They also discussed the mathematical equations and graphs associated with discharging an RC circuit, as well as practical applications of this phenomenon in various electronic devices. Overall, the forum discussion highlighted the importance of understanding the principles behind RC circuits in order to effectively manipulate and utilize them.
SunsCat19
How did you find PF?
Via Google search.
While I was having confusion over some concept for discharging of RC ckt , I found question that matched exactly what was bothering me was also bothering other people and found some interesting insights about the problem being answered.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...-circuit-and-negative-sign-of-current.973192/

I look forward to seeking knowledge from people that are like minded . Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

Glad that you found a PF thread that helped you already.

Likes SunsCat19
berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

Glad that you found a PF thread that helped you already.
Thank you 😊