Differential Equation for Electronic Circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses the correct notation for current in loop equations and the importance of standardizing whether voltage drops or rises are being added. The only remaining issue is a plus sign that should be a minus sign in the first equation. The conversation also mentions the need to use voltages as independent variables when analyzing circuits with capacitors.
Agnostic
Am I starting this correctly: (look at pic)

Attachments

• de.PNG
    de.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 496
Physics news on Phys.org
Why is it i1+i2 in the first loop equation and i2-i1 in the second? Both currents are defined clockwise in your circuit? Also, you need to standardize on whether you are adding up voltage drops or rises. You have a positive number for both Vo and i1R, even though one is a voltage rise, and the other is a voltage drop...

The only problem is the plus sign in the first equation, it should be a minus. Thanks

Attachments

• new.PNG
    new.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
You mean the only problem left is that first + sign? Have you fixed it since that new.PNG?

There we go.

Wherever you go, there you are. Quiz question -- what movie is that from?

When analyzing circuits with capacitors it is best to use voltages as independent variables, to get a differential instead of an integral equation.

Related to Differential Equation for Electronic Circuit

1. What is a differential equation for an electronic circuit?

A differential equation for an electronic circuit is a mathematical equation that describes the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance in an electrical circuit. It takes into account the dynamic behavior of the circuit, including the effects of capacitance and inductance.

2. Why are differential equations used in electronic circuits?

Differential equations are used in electronic circuits because they allow us to model and analyze the behavior of the circuit over time. They take into account the changing values of voltage and current, which are critical in understanding the performance of electronic devices.

3. How do you solve a differential equation for an electronic circuit?

Solving a differential equation for an electronic circuit involves using mathematical techniques, such as separation of variables or Laplace transforms, to find a solution that satisfies the given initial conditions. This solution can then be used to predict the behavior of the circuit.

4. What are the applications of differential equations in electronic circuits?

Differential equations have many applications in electronic circuits, including circuit design, analysis, and optimization. They are also used in the development of control systems for electronic devices, such as in automatic gain control circuits or feedback systems.

5. Are there any limitations to using differential equations in electronic circuits?

While differential equations are a powerful tool for understanding electronic circuits, they do have some limitations. They may not accurately model certain non-linear or complex circuits, and they require specific initial conditions to be known in order to find a solution. Additionally, it can be time-consuming and computationally intensive to solve differential equations for more complex circuits.