Did You See the Packed Derby with Little Cars? #44 Was Me!

• Thread starter Kutt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car
In summary, the D-D is an incredibly fun race where you use older cars with solid frames to try and smash your competitors. The race is dangerous, but with proper safety precautions, injuries are rare.
Kutt
That's me in the #44 car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Awesome! That is probably an expensive hobby!

Not with a zombi car :p

Man! No one got hurt?

Gad said:
Not with a zombi car :p

Man! No one got hurt?

It's incredibly fun!

It is relatively safe if you follow all of the rules and safety procedures. Injuries are rare, and if they do happen, they are minor.

Every repair-shop and salvage yard around here manages to field some entries into the D-D at the fairground. When you see some of the entries, you have to think "what were they thinking?", but there are fewer and fewer decent wrecks left to use. Think heavy older cars with solid frames (not pressed unibody) and enough HP to use the rear frame as a battering ram. I'd love to have my father's '66 Impala SS to join one of these derbies. That car seemed indestructible.

Looks like you were having fun, Kutt, which is the purpose of the whole competition. thanks for posting.

turbo said:
Every repair-shop and salvage yard around here manages to field some entries into the D-D at the fairground. When you see some of the entries, you have to think "what were they thinking?", but there are fewer and fewer decent wrecks left to use. Think heavy older cars with solid frames (not pressed unibody) and enough HP to use the rear frame as a battering ram. I'd love to have my father's '66 Impala SS to join one of these derbies. That car seemed indestructible.

Looks like you were having fun, Kutt, which is the purpose of the whole competition. thanks for posting.

The number of old iron cars from the 1960's and 70's has diminished to the point of demo derbies being forced to use newer vehicles from the 1980's, 90's, and even early 2000's.

Here is an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
My DSL won't let me stream a lot of video, but I saw enough. That derby was loaded with little cars. Thanks.

Related to Did You See the Packed Derby with Little Cars? #44 Was Me!

What is the significance of driving the #44 car?

The #44 car is significant because it is often associated with the sport of auto racing. It is a common number used by many professional drivers and teams.

Who was driving the #44 car?

There have been many drivers who have driven the #44 car over the years, so it depends on the specific race or event. Some notable drivers who have driven the #44 car include Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Kyle Larson.

What type of car is the #44 car?

The #44 car is typically a stock car used in NASCAR races. These cars are customized and built specifically for racing, with powerful engines and aerodynamic designs.

Is there any significance to the number 44?

The number 44 has been used in various sports, including auto racing, for many years. Some believe it is a lucky number, while others may choose it for personal reasons. In the case of auto racing, the number is typically chosen by the team or driver themselves.

What are some famous races that have featured the #44 car?

The #44 car has been featured in many famous races, including the Daytona 500, the Coca-Cola 600, and the Brickyard 400. It has also been driven in various races in different racing series, such as the NASCAR Cup Series and the Xfinity Series.