Why does my post count not increment?

• Thread starter Descartes
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Count
In summary, there are several possible reasons for your post count not increasing. One possibility is that you have reached the maximum number of posts allowed on the platform. Another possibility is that your posts are being flagged as spam or violating community guidelines, leading to them being deleted and not counted towards your total post count. There could also be a technical issue causing the problem, such as a bug or glitch. If you delete a post, it will no longer count towards your post count. Post counts can vary among users due to factors such as activity level and deleted posts. Usually, post counts update in real-time, but there may be a slight delay. If you have concerns about your post count, it is best to contact the platform's support team
Descartes
My sincerest of apologies

I am a moron for not noticing the stickied thread.

My apologies :)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
:) It is explained in the https://www.physicsforums.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=14" [Broken] annoucement on the top of the forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Monique
:) It is explained in the https://www.physicsforums.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=14" [Broken] annoucement on the top of the forum :)

I was editing my post right when you posted that, so it looks like my ignorance was not left uncaught ;)

Thank you for Monique for being kind with your reply to my horrible myopia :)

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why is my post count not increasing?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that you have reached the maximum number of posts allowed on the platform. Another possibility is that your posts are being flagged as spam or violating community guidelines, leading to them being deleted and not counted towards your total post count.

2. Is there a technical issue causing my post count to not increment?

It is possible that there is a technical issue causing your post count to not increment. This could be due to a bug in the platform's system or a glitch in your account. You can try refreshing the page or logging out and back in to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Will posts that I delete still count towards my post count?

No, once you delete a post, it will no longer be counted towards your post count. This could be why you may have noticed a decrease in your post count.

4. Why is my post count different from other users?

Post counts can vary among users depending on factors such as when they joined the platform, how active they are, and if any of their posts have been deleted. It is not uncommon for post counts to differ among users.

5. How long does it take for my post count to update?

Usually, post counts update in real-time as you make new posts. However, there could be a slight delay in some cases. If you notice a significant discrepancy in your post count, it is best to reach out to the platform's support team for further assistance.