Danish Postdoc Asks for Diploma in Application What Does That Mean?

In summary, a Danish postdoc application typically requires a CV, cover letter, list of publications, and a PDF scan of your PhD degree certificate, also known as a "Diploma." This document includes your name, school name, and subject, and may not be required for all postdoc positions.
maverick_starstrider
Danish Postdoc Asks for "Diploma" in Application What Does That Mean?

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get a quick answer and I was hoping someone here might know. I'm looking to apply to a postdoc in denmark and it asks for the regular things (CV, cover letter, list of publications) but it also asks for "Diploma". What does that mean? Like they want a xerox of my B.Sc. and M.Sc. or something? Is that like a transcript?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're applying for a "postdoc" then I assume they want a pdf scan of your PhD degree certificate, also known as a Diploma. It usually has the name school name, you name and maybe a date/year and a subject.

Though depending on the job it might not be required, as many postdoc applications occur before final graduation.

Related to Danish Postdoc Asks for Diploma in Application What Does That Mean?

1. What is a postdoc?

A postdoc, short for postdoctoral researcher, is an individual who has recently completed their doctoral degree and is now pursuing further research in their field of study.

2. What does it mean to ask for a diploma in an application?

Asking for a diploma in an application means that the applicant is requesting a copy of their official diploma document, which confirms their completion of a degree program.

3. Is a diploma necessary for a postdoc position?

It depends on the specific requirements of the postdoc position. Some positions may require a copy of the applicant's diploma for verification of their degree, while others may not have this requirement.

4. Can a postdoc position be obtained without a diploma?

Again, it depends on the specific requirements of the position. In some cases, an official diploma may not be necessary, but other forms of documentation such as transcripts or proof of degree completion may be required.

5. Is there a difference between a diploma and a transcript?

Yes, a diploma is an official document that confirms the completion of a degree program, while a transcript is a detailed record of the courses and grades obtained during the program. Both may be required for a postdoc position, depending on the specific requirements.