Customize Your PF: Changing Site Color in MY PF

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
This way you can change colors and some layout elements.In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of changing the color of a website by customizing it. The option to do so is not readily available, but there are plugins for browsers that can be used with some CSS knowledge. The conversation also mentions a specific color choice and the existence of a guide for using these plugins.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
Is there an option to change the colour of the site by customizing it?

Where is that option in "MY PF"?

Physics news on Phys.org
Of the Devils, but of course...

Go Devils!
:-)

MathematicalPhysicist said:
Of the Devils, but of course...

Go Devils!
:-)
I don't know what this means, but ok :)

There are plugins for browsers where you can change websites (css, JS, ...) for you locally. Just needs basic css knowledge, but it is a lot of effort to get a new style to look nice.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't know what this means, but ok :)
The colours of New Jersey Devils.

@mfb do you have a guide you recommend me to use?

I don't have the time right now to learn this stuff, maybe in the future.

Depends on your browser. "Stylish" is an add-on that works for Firefox and Chrome, "Stylebot" is for Chrome, other browsers can have similar tools.

The basic idea: The website style is defined with a css file (https://www.physicsforums.com/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=10&dir=LTR&d=1485078905), and you can locally set up your own css file to override things defined there.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Customize Your PF: Changing Site Color in MY PF

1. How can I change the color of my profile page on MY PF?

To change the color of your profile page on MY PF, go to the "Settings" tab on your profile. Under the "Appearance" section, you will see an option to "Customize Colors". Click on this and you will be able to select a new color for your profile page.

2. Can I choose a specific color for my profile page on MY PF?

Yes, you can choose a specific color for your profile page on MY PF. When you click on the "Customize Colors" option in your profile settings, you will be able to use a color picker tool to select the exact color you want for your profile page.

3. Will changing the color of my profile page affect the appearance of other pages on MY PF?

No, changing the color of your profile page will only affect the appearance of your profile page. Other pages on MY PF will remain the same.

4. Is there a limit to how many times I can change the color of my profile page on MY PF?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can change the color of your profile page on MY PF. You can change it as often as you like.

5. Will the color of my profile page be visible to other users on MY PF?

Yes, the color of your profile page will be visible to other users on MY PF. However, they will only see the color you have chosen if they visit your profile page.