[guide] Dark and Custom themes for pf

• Thread starter hisacro
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of a dark theme for a website, with the speaker mentioning their desire to make something memorable and their experience lurking on the site during their undergrad years. They mention needing a plugin and a style for Firefox and Chrome, and provide licensing information. They also mention changing default colors and ask for feedback on their work. The conversation ends with a suggestion to hire the speaker for a website makeover and a joke about hating dark themes. Several light theme samples are also mentioned.
hisacro
I'm mostly lurking here all my undergrad years, I just want to make something memorable.. wanted a dark theme forever so in the end I created one.

** Installation **
  • need this plugin, stylus or stylish (libre-software licensed under GPL-3.0) for firefox, chrome
  • install this style, pretty much done! (CC0 - Public Domain)
  • to change default colors "customize settings" on same page.
For more info about this css. It's not by any means well polished, I have included some screenshots and there are few things like profile, info pages incomplete..

It took quite a lot of time than I expected, any criticism or feedback are much appreciated!

Attachments

• pf_1.png
    pf_1.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 158
  • pf_11.png
    pf_11.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 147
  • pf__forums.png
    pf__forums.png
    51 KB · Views: 144
  • pf_log.png
    pf_log.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 151
  • pf_forum.png
    pf_forum.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Likes etotheipi, Filip Larsen, jedishrfu and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Nice work!

@Greg Bernhardt should hire you to do a PF makeover. :-)
Nooooooo! I hate dark themes...

DrClaude said:
Nooooooo! I hate dark themes...
I know it's sarcastic, but you could create any theme you want.. here's few light theme samples

Attachments

• pf_light_main.png
    pf_light_main.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 143
  • pf_light.png
    pf_light.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 155
Likes Wrichik Basu

Related to [guide] Dark and Custom themes for pf

1. What is a dark theme and how is it different from a custom theme?

A dark theme is a user interface design that uses dark colors, such as black or dark gray, as the primary background color. It is different from a custom theme because a custom theme allows for more customization options, such as choosing specific colors and fonts for different elements of the interface.

2. How do I install a dark or custom theme for pf?

To install a dark or custom theme for pf, you will need to first download the theme file from a trusted source. Then, you can upload the theme file to your pf directory and activate it through your pf settings. It is important to note that not all themes are compatible with pf, so be sure to check the compatibility before installing.

3. Can I create my own dark or custom theme for pf?

Yes, you can create your own dark or custom theme for pf. You will need to have knowledge of HTML, CSS, and pf's theme structure. You can also use a theme generator tool to help you create a theme without coding knowledge.

4. Are there any benefits to using a dark or custom theme for pf?

There are several benefits to using a dark or custom theme for pf. A dark theme can reduce eye strain and improve readability in low light environments. A custom theme allows for a personalized and unique user experience. Both types of themes can also enhance the overall aesthetic of your pf site.

5. Can I switch between dark and custom themes for pf?

Yes, you can switch between dark and custom themes for pf. You can easily activate and deactivate different themes through your pf settings. However, it is important to note that switching between themes may affect the layout and design of your site, so it is recommended to preview the changes before making them live.

Back