Creationist bill passed by Louisiana House of Representatives

• Thread starter Moridin
  • Start date
In summary: BIG BANG!...instead of actual science. Excellent question, maybe because christian creationism is based on the...wait for it...BIG BANG!...instead of actual science.
Moridin said:
So what is taken literally and what is taken symbolically it is basically subjective, varying from person to person and from time period to time period?

I don't think it is inherently subjective. I mean at some point or another, I am allowed to invoke "faith" and reflection aren't I?

I agree with you that this is a sticky point. At least for christians I think the point of the bible can be summed up as the "jesus story".

Moridin said:
<lots science stuff clipped>

Woah, woah woah! What are you up to? :)

I'm not trying to argue the strengths of the bible v.s. scientific theory. I'm a physicist! I believe in science.

I don't think it should be taught except as part of a comparative religion class or litereature.

The bible is not about science!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
seycyrus said:
I don't think it is inherently subjective. I mean at some point or another, I am allowed to invoke "faith" and reflection aren't I?

I agree with you that this is a sticky point. At least for christians I think the point of the bible can be summed up as the "jesus story".

Woah, woah woah! What are you up to? :)

I'm not trying to argue the strengths of the bible v.s. scientific theory. I'm a physicist! I believe in science.

I don't think it should be taught except as part of a comparative religion class or litereature.

The bible is not about science!

Whoops, my bad. I had you confused with someone else in this topic.

Since Hurkyl's warning has not been heeded to avoid making this into a religious debate, I'm going to lock this thread.