Could There Have Been Something Before the Big Bang?

• Thread starter Shindary
  • Start date
In summary, scientists and researchers have been exploring the possibility of something existing before the Big Bang. While there is no definite answer, theories such as the "Big Bounce" suggest that the universe may have undergone a cyclical process of expansion and contraction, with the Big Bang being just one part of a larger cycle. Other theories propose the existence of a multiverse, where our universe is just one of many. However, the lack of evidence and the limitations of our current understanding of physics make it difficult to definitively determine what, if anything, existed before the Big Bang.
Shindary
How did you find PF?
I'm Kyle, no degree or anything just like science. Found this bg googling cool science topic boards.
I really love space and science and I'd like to introduce a thought I had on Before the Big Bang :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Kyle!

:welcome:

You can certainly learn a lot in our forums, but I'm afraid little about "before" BB. We are dedicated to mainstream science and statements about a time when there was no time are problematic. If you ask about nanoseconds after the BB then this will be different.

Have fun and stay curious! And have a look on our terms.

Likes berkeman
fresh_42 said:
Hello Kyle!

:welcome:

You can certainly learn a lot in our forums, but I'm afraid little about "before" BB. We are dedicated to mainstream science and statements about a time when there was no time are problematic. If you ask about nanoseconds after the BB then this will be different.

Have fun and stay curious! And have a look on our terms.

Hey thank you for the quick response.

I understand you only want to follow mainstream and that works for me. I wanted to see if anyone can help me understand the the earliest known time back we are able to, so that I can better refine the idea have.

Regardless I'll look over the terms.

Thank you.

Likes berkeman
Okay thanks.