Explaining the Big Bang: A Beginner's Journey to Understanding the Universe

• Thread starter ageingstudent
  • Start date
In summary, the Big Bang theory is a widely accepted explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe. According to this theory, the universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature, and expanded rapidly in a massive explosion approximately 13.8 billion years ago. The expansion of the universe continues to this day, and evidence such as the cosmic microwave background radiation supports the Big Bang theory. While it is still a subject of ongoing research and debate, the Big Bang theory remains a fundamental concept in our understanding of the universe.
ageingstudent
How did you find PF?
google
I have an idea I have been working on to explain the big bang. I know...isnt everyone? In January this year I had a Python simulation built that remarkably confirmed the right amounts of the various bits - dark energy, dark matter, baryonic matter and even 1% neutrinos! It is still probably wrong but all the reading I have done seems to lend theoretical grounds for it not perhaps being too far fetched.

As you can tell I am a beginner with little maths in me, but I do have a conceptual mind and that can lead to bright thoughts and deep misconceptions that need ironing out.

Please be patient!

Likes Janosh89
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

Have fun and stay curious!

However, please read our terms and rules. I'm afraid we do not discuss personal theories, sorry.

Likes Vanadium 50
ageingstudent said:
How did you find PF?: google

I have an idea I have been working on to explain the big bang. I know...isnt everyone? In January this year I had a Python simulation built that remarkably confirmed the right amounts of the various bits - dark energy, dark matter, baryonic matter and even 1% neutrinos! It is still probably wrong but all the reading I have done seems to lend theoretical grounds for it not perhaps being too far fetched.

As you can tell I am a beginner with little maths in me, but I do have a conceptual mind and that can lead to bright thoughts and deep misconceptions that need ironing out.

Please be patient!
Welcome. Your best strategy going forward here (and elsewhere) is to read what has already been discussed and find discussions close to your ideas, and ask good questions in those threads. It's also good to post links to your reading when asking questions here. It's not a good idea to propose your own solutions and ask questions about your proposals -- we do not allow that here. We want to help you learn mainstream science, so that's why we keep requiring folks to post within the PF rules and guidelines.

Welcome again! :smile:

Likes Vanadium 50 and fresh_42