Cool Pool Game with an Elliptical Table

In summary, the article discusses an elliptical pool table and the math and physics behind its design. The author shares their thoughts on the shape and its potential for gameplay, as well as includes videos showcasing its versatility. However, the author also raises a concern about the use of the word "focuses" in the article.
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
An interesting article on an elliptical pool table along with the math to understanding how to play on it and the physics which alters game play.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/...16/loop-new-cue-sport-pool-ellipse-elliptical
I know that it isn't but, that table looks like it is practically a circle. I think that it would be more interesting if it was a longer ellipse. Then you could put a hole at each focal point.

Neat article! I do have one issue with it, though: "focuses". Really? :oldeyes:

Related to Cool Pool Game with an Elliptical Table

1. What is a "Cool Pool Game with an Elliptical Table"?

A "Cool Pool Game with an Elliptical Table" is a unique and innovative pool game that is played on an elliptical-shaped table instead of the traditional rectangular shape. The table's unusual shape adds a new level of challenge and excitement to the game.

2. How is the game played?

The game is played similarly to traditional pool, where players take turns trying to sink their designated balls into pockets on the table using a cue stick. However, the elliptical shape of the table adds an extra twist to the game as players must adjust their angles and shots to account for the curved edges.

3. What are the benefits of playing on an elliptical table?

Playing on an elliptical table can improve players' overall pool skills, as it requires more precise shots and strategy. It also adds a fun and unique twist to the traditional game, making it more exciting and engaging for players.

4. Is the game suitable for all ages?

Yes, the game can be enjoyed by people of all ages. However, younger players may need some practice to get used to the curved edges of the table.

5. Where can I find a "Cool Pool Game with an Elliptical Table"?

There are various manufacturers and retailers that sell "Cool Pool Game with an Elliptical Table." You can also find them online through various retailers or at specialty game stores. Prices may vary depending on the brand and size of the table.