Continue Learning Physics After College

In summary, to continue learning about physics, you can utilize online resources, stay updated on the latest developments, join a physics community, and consider taking online courses or certification programs.
IQScience
So I've been studying A level physics since September 2012 and it's coming to the end of college years for me.
Studying physics was so much fun and I really want to continue studying it (of course, less in an 'exam studying' way and more in just a fun learning way).
I've chosen to study chemistry in university because I've asked so many people about it and there's so many more jobs in chemistry than there is in physics at the moment (considering I don't want to become an engineer and there aren't really jobs in science for physics graduates, it's all accountancy etc.), so I won't be studying physics in a university.

What can I do to continue learning? About astrophysics, string theory, advanced mathematics, etc.? Of course there are popular science books but they don't really do it for pure textbook-style content.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't want to join any classes as I have a full time job.The best way to continue learning about physics is to find online resources that offer comprehensive lessons and tutorials. There are many websites, such as Khan Academy, Coursera, and edX, that provide free, high-quality lectures and tutorials for advanced topics in physics. Additionally, there are many textbooks and other resources available online that can be used to supplement your knowledge. It's also important to stay up to date on the latest developments in physics. You can do this by reading scientific journals, attending conferences, and following experts in the field on social media. You can also join a physics club or online physics forum, where you can connect with other students and professionals who share your interest in physics. Lastly, if you want to take your understanding of physics to the next level, consider doing an online course or taking an online certification program in physics. This will provide you with more in-depth learning opportunities and help you gain a better understanding of the subject.

Related to Continue Learning Physics After College

What are the benefits of continuing to learn physics after college?

Continuing to learn physics after college can provide a deeper understanding of the subject, as well as the opportunity to keep up with new developments and advancements in the field. It can also improve critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills, which are valuable in many careers.

What career opportunities are available for those who continue to learn physics after college?

Continuing to learn physics after college can open up a wide range of career opportunities, including research positions in academia or industry, teaching at the high school or college level, and working in fields such as engineering, healthcare, and technology.

What resources are available for those who want to continue learning physics after college?

There are many resources available for those who want to continue learning physics after college. These include online courses, textbooks, research papers, scientific journals, conferences and workshops, and professional organizations such as the American Physical Society and the Institute of Physics.

How can one balance learning physics with other responsibilities and commitments after college?

Balancing learning physics with other responsibilities and commitments after college can be challenging, but it is possible with proper time management and prioritization. Setting aside dedicated study time, breaking up learning into manageable chunks, and seeking support from peers and mentors can help maintain a healthy balance.

What are some tips for staying motivated to continue learning physics after college?

To stay motivated to continue learning physics after college, it can be helpful to set specific goals, find a study partner or group, vary study techniques, take breaks when needed, and remind yourself of the reasons why you are interested in the subject. Additionally, seeking out challenging and interesting topics can help maintain excitement and curiosity.