Companies that make an existing product robust

• Thread starter ftr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Product
In summary, the individual is looking for a company that specializes in making existing products reliable and safe. They have a patent and are looking for someone to design the product for them. They have a working system but it is not reliable yet.
ftr
Are there such companies that specialize in making existing products reliable and safe. Thanks.

P.S. I have a patent that I need to improve.

Engineering news on Phys.org
No: that is far too general. It is like asking if there are any companies that specialize in opinions: everybody does it.
Any engineering firm in the field your patent falls into will be able to advise you.

It doesn't seem like much of a patent if you need someone else to design the product for you...

Mech_Engineer said:
It doesn't seem like much of a patent if you need someone else to design the product for you...

I already hold the patent and I have a working system. You don't seem to have any idea about engineering, there is a difference between having a working prototype and making it reliable with reduced meantime failure.

Lot depends on the product. These days there are a lot of international standards products have to meet. They are different for different fields. Eg those for tractors are very different to consumer electronics.

Unless you are very rich your best bet it to find a company that designs similar products and do some sort of licensing deal.

CWatters said:
Lot depends on the product. These days there are a lot of international standards products have to meet. They are different for different fields. Eg those for tractors are very different to consumer electronics.

Unless you are very rich your best bet it to find a company that designs similar products and do some sort of licensing deal.
As a solo inventor I don't have the resources and the expertise that professional system integrators have( but typically these companies use off the shelf products for manufacturing and such). Moreover, my patent is related to construction industry, but many of these products are very unique and not produced in large scale, so expertise as such is much less. But yes I am looking for a company for a modest cost to help me make my product more reliable, sometimes small changes in metal type can make a big difference.

Let us see the patent and some pictures of your prototype .

Nidum said:
Let us see the patent and some pictures of your prototype .

I cannot divulge the information now for legal reasons. But It is in the same class as this one( but mine is much more versatile)

also this machine is inappropriate for many markets.

ftr said:
I already hold the patent and I have a working system. You don't seem to have any idea about engineering, there is a difference between having a working prototype and making it reliable with reduced meantime failure.

ftr said:
I cannot divulge the information now for legal reasons. But It is in the same class as this one( but mine is much more versatile)

We can't provide any more help unless you're specific in your needs, but even in that case all I can really do is say you'll need to hire a professional engineer to give you some advice on whether your product can be improved, and in what ways.

Good luck.

You say: "I cannot divulge the information now for legal reasons."; but, be aware, if you already have a patent, that patent is a now public document that can be identified and a copy obtained, with a bit of effort by anyone who is truly interested, by doing an search at the uspto website, and searching with its category and, if you have given your correct initials, using those for a matching with your patent's listed first and last name.

Thanks for all of you. I did find few companies that will help me through google, I just thought somebody here might have come across them.
an example

http://www.3formdesign.com/inventors/

Related to Companies that make an existing product robust

What is meant by "making an existing product robust"?

Making an existing product robust means improving the quality, durability, and reliability of the product to better meet the needs and expectations of consumers.

Why is it important for companies to make their products robust?

It is important for companies to make their products robust because it leads to increased customer satisfaction, reduced product failure rates, and ultimately, higher profits.

What are some strategies companies use to make their products robust?

Some strategies companies use to make their products robust include conducting thorough product testing, using high-quality materials, implementing efficient production processes, and continuously gathering and implementing customer feedback.

How do companies determine if their product is robust enough?

Companies determine if their product is robust enough by setting specific criteria and conducting various tests and simulations to ensure the product can withstand different conditions and usage scenarios.

Can making a product too robust be a problem for companies?

Yes, making a product too robust can be a problem for companies as it can result in higher production costs and longer development times, potentially making the product less competitive in the market. Companies must find a balance between robustness and cost-effectiveness.