Asking about a publishing company for my relative's new book and game

In summary, if you are an unknown author and want to self-publish your book and game, you will need to find a publisher or agent who will do the formatting, editing, and cover art for you, and then you will have to market and promote it yourself on online platforms like Amazon.
hagopbul
Hello :

I have a relative who created a book and a game based on that book, asking for him if any one here knows a good publishing company that can publish those products

the book is children's book
the game is based on the above book on android platform.

Best regards
hagop

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a 2023 list of publishers:

https://jerichowriters.com/best-childrens-book-publishers/

and these publishers do games:

https://publishersarchive.com/game-hobby-book-publishers.html

Yours is a highly specific question and unlikely to be answered here on PF. I know if you're an unknown author without an agent you'll likely have to pay someone to do the work of self-publishing your book and game. In some cases, they will market it online and once you recoop what you paid then they will do a percentage deal.

I looked into it a few months ago with one publisher and they wanted $4000 upfront to do ebook formatting, book editing, and cover art and then would market it on Amazon. There was no charge beyond that until you recooped your $4000 and then the percentage thing aka profit sharing kicked in. They said you retained all rights to your book and could do whatever you wanted with it.

But you really need to do some legwork scouring online for others who've gone through the same route and see how they made out. Some bad cases could mean you lose control of your work or the game.

You could give the book away and have people buy the game making it available on Apple's iTunes store or Google's Android store which means implementing it on both platforms. You could self-publish your book on the Amazon store with links to where the game is available.

You will either need and agent or a lawyer to look at any contracts in case there's some clause that can steal your work.

• Informative
Likes pinball1970 and berkeman
Broadly speaking only viable platform for distributing Android games (and all apps) is Google Play. They are not a publisher though, just a distributor - it is up to the seller to make noise about their app and control the publishing process.

Thanks
Do anyone knows Is any good and reliable agent for publishing The game and the book

Agents are extremely hard to come by as they are very selective on who they represent. It is especially hard for an unknown author.

Perhaps the best you can do is to find a person who's authored a book and a game and ask them how they did it.

Reddit might be a good place to start:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameDev

The next best is to try to find one:

https://goto.discoverpublishers.com/authors/

1. What is the best way to find a publishing company for my relative's new book and game?

The best way to find a publishing company for your relative's new book and game is to do research online. Look for publishers who specialize in the genre or type of book and game your relative has created. You can also attend book fairs and conferences to connect with publishers in person.

2. How do I approach a publishing company for my relative's new book and game?

You can approach a publishing company by sending a query letter or book proposal. Make sure to follow the publisher's submission guidelines and include a brief synopsis of the book and game, along with any relevant information about your relative's qualifications and the potential market for the book and game.

3. What should I look for in a publishing company for my relative's new book and game?

When looking for a publishing company, it's important to consider their reputation, experience, and track record of successful publications. You should also look for a publisher who aligns with your relative's values and goals for their book and game.

4. What are the benefits of working with a publishing company for my relative's new book and game?

Working with a publishing company can provide your relative with professional editing, design, and marketing services to help make their book and game successful. A publishing company also has established distribution channels and connections in the industry that can help get the book and game into the hands of readers.

5. How long does the publishing process typically take for a new book and game?

The publishing process can vary depending on the publisher and the complexity of the book and game. On average, it can take 6-12 months from the time a publishing contract is signed to the release of the book and game. However, it's important to keep in mind that the process can take longer, so it's best to plan ahead and be patient.