Career in physics research after 14 yrsin IT post B.Tech

• Thread starter Preetam Kumar
  • Start date
Preetam Kumar
Hi,
I am into IT consulting for last 14 years after completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. I have a dream since my childhood to build career in research in physics. The closest I came to my dream when I appeared for JSET-2001 and got interview call from RRI and IIA. I am planning to change my career for which I am planning to appear for the exams like GATE/JEST which is a pre-requisite for Ph D programmer in physics in most of top Indian Institutes like IISc, TIFR, IITs etc. Can you please guide me how to start with in achieving my dream. I have started brushing up the foundations in mathematical physics, quantum mechanics and electrodynamics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Preetam Kumar said:
Hi,
I am into IT consulting for last 14 years after completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. I have a dream since my childhood to build career in research in physics. The closest I came to my dream when I appeared for JSET-2001 and got interview call from RRI and IIA. I am planning to change my career for which I am planning to appear for the exams like GATE/JEST which is a pre-requisite for Ph D programmer in physics in most of top Indian Institutes like IISc, TIFR, IITs etc. Can you please guide me how to start with in achieving my dream. I have started brushing up the foundations in mathematical physics, quantum mechanics and electrodynamics.
Hi Preetam, this is the "Introductions Only - No Questions" forum. You should ask your questions in the "Academic Guidance" forum located here https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/academic-guidance.139/