Cancel Button Missing in Edit - More Options

• Bug
  • Thread starter Tom.G
  • Start date
  • Tags
    edit
In summary, the "CANCEL" button is missing in Edit - More Options, but there are other ways to abort such as deleting a post within a certain time frame or not clicking "post reply". The available buttons are "SAVE CHANGES", "UPLOAD", and "PREVIEW". To exit the page, one can click on the "back" button on the browser or the PF logo on the top left. Until "Save changes" is clicked, the post will not be saved. If using the full editor while editing a post, one can simply go back in the browser.
Tom.G
Science Advisor
Gold Member
In Edit - More Options, the "CANCEL" button is absent. Is closing the tab/window the only way to abort?

Physics news on Phys.org
yes but you can also delete a post (for some small amount of time after posting it --- you can't come back the next day, for example, and delete it)

Just don't hit "post reply" and nothing happens.

There is no "post reply." The available buttons are "SAVE CHANGES", "UPLOAD", "PREVIEW."

Simply click on the "back" button your browser, or click on the PF logo on the top left to leave the page. Until and unless you hit "Save changes", nothing will be saved in your post.

Likes Tom.G
Ah, you mean when editing a post and going to the full editor instead of the direct editing. I rarely use that. In that case: Go back in the browser.

Likes Tom.G

Related to Cancel Button Missing in Edit - More Options

1. Why is the cancel button missing in the edit - more options section?

The cancel button may be missing due to a programming error or a design choice by the developers. It could also be a temporary glitch or a bug that needs to be fixed.

2. How do I cancel my changes if the cancel button is missing?

If the cancel button is missing, you can try refreshing the page or using the back button on your browser to go back to the previous page. If those options do not work, you may need to contact the website or application's technical support for assistance.

3. Can I still cancel my changes without the cancel button?

It depends on the specific website or application. Some may have alternative methods for cancelling changes, such as clicking on a different button or pressing a certain key on your keyboard. If there are no other options available, you may need to manually undo your changes or contact technical support.

4. Is the absence of the cancel button a common issue?

It is not a common issue, but it can happen from time to time. If you notice the cancel button is missing, it is best to report it to the website or application's technical support team so they can address the issue.

5. Can I request for the cancel button to be added in the future?

Yes, you can request for the cancel button to be added in the future by contacting the website or application's customer service or technical support team. They may consider your request and make changes accordingly.