Can Under-18s Publish Theories in Academic Forums?

• Thread starter Mavriche Adrian
  • Start date
In summary, under-18s can publish theories in academic forums as long as they are original and properly cited. However, they may face challenges in gaining credibility and recognition due to their age and lack of experience. It is important for young scholars to seek mentorship and guidance from experienced researchers in order to navigate the academic world successfully. Additionally, academic forums should provide equal opportunities and support for all individuals, regardless of their age, in order to promote diversity and innovation in the field.
Mavriche Adrian
Hello..."micromass"!

I found this old conversation (since 2011)
"I am under 18. I am very interested in Physics and I, along with my friend, have come up with a theory of everything. I want to publish it but I am unsure where to do so. I would like to know if there is an academic publishing catering to those under 18.

Why not publish it in our independent research section? We can offer you some feedback and tell you what's wrong with your theory. We have some great scientists on this forum who can tell you if it's correct or not. And if everything is correct, then maybe we can suggest the necessary contacts. Don't be scared to present your theory to us. If you're right, then you're right. If you're wrong, then you can learn from it!

Source https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/where-to-publish-a-theory.487919/ Does this section(independent research section) still exist?
How can I get feedback for an idea (a theory)?

Thank you in advance,
Adrian, Mavriche.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Adrian, sorry that area no longer exists. We are a mainstream education community. Not a research community.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Hi Adrian, sorry that area no longer exists. We are a mainstream education community. Not a research community.
Hello Greg!

Does that mean I can't post a new idea to get feedback?

Likes berkeman
Mavriche Adrian said:
Hello Greg!

Does that mean I can't post a new idea to get feedback?
Correct

Likes Vanadium 50 and Mavriche Adrian