Can Tensors Help Unlock the Mysteries of Physics?

• Thread starter AdirianSoan
  • Start date
In summary, tensors are a mathematical tool used in physics to describe the relationships between different quantities, such as forces and velocities. They are particularly useful in describing the complex geometries and interactions of objects in space and time. By using tensors, physicists are able to better understand and predict the behaviors of particles and systems in the universe. They have been instrumental in unlocking many mysteries of physics, such as the theory of relativity and the behavior of black holes. As our understanding of tensors continues to evolve, they will undoubtedly play a crucial role in further advancing our knowledge of the physical world.
AdirianSoan
How did you find PF?
A link from SciForums
Hello!

I am a programmer and a physics crackpot.

I also have a pretty good grasp of most of real physics; my biggest weakness at the moment is tensors, which I'm currently working through, as I'll need them for my crackpottery eventually.

My goals here are to bother people about what the actual names of things are, because it is very difficult to research mathematics when you don't know what the mathematics are called. Not so much the crackpot stuff itself, as I strongly doubt anyone wants to read that in its current state.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! We are a mainstream science education community. Stay to ask real questions and keep the crackpottery at sciforums :)

Welcome to PF!

With respect to your cracked pottery, we can’t help much here but there are sites that have methods to deal with it more effectively.

https://theartfulcrafter.com/blog/repairs-two.html

With respect to math, there are a few great channels on YouTube most notably Numberphile and 3blue1brown that cover a lot of fascinating topics which you may find interesting.

in order to understand, tensors better its useful to know calculus, linear algebra and vector analysis as tensor analysis extends these thred fields into differential geometry In interesting ways.

there is a youtube video that derives the tensor form of GR that you might like too.

and this course which looks pretty good but truthfully haven’t listened to yet: