Can some one teach me Differential Equations?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of learning differential equations and the complexities and requirements involved. The speaker recommends starting with basic calculus knowledge before attempting to learn differential equations and suggests outside resources for learning. It is also mentioned that differential equations is a vast and complex subject that requires dedicated study and practice.
z.js
I would like to learn this. Can someone teach me? The things like δy22x and solving for x and y. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
There are thick books on the subject.

And they cover only introductory material...

"Introductory Differential Equations" would be at least a semester course. "Differential equations" in general should require several courses. I don't know what you mean by " The things like δy2/δ2x and solving for x and y." Did you mean [itex]d^2y/dx^2[/itex] or [itex]\partial^2y/\partial x^2[/itex]? Those are from Calculus and you should have completed Calculus before you attempt Differential Equations. Have you taken Calculus?

z.js said:
I would like to learn this. Can someone teach me? The things like δy22x and solving for x and y. :rolleyes:

Yes, someone can teach you DEs, but not here at PF. This is not a tutoring service.

Likes 1 person
Borek said:
There are thick books on the subject.

And they cover only introductory material...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Did you learn it?

HallsofIvy said:
"Introductory Differential Equations" would be at least a semester course. "Differential equations" in general should require several courses. I don't know what you mean by " The things like δy2/δ2x and solving for x and y." Did you mean [itex]d^2y/dx^2[/itex] or [itex]\partial^2y/\partial x^2[/itex]? Those are from Calculus and you should have completed Calculus before you attempt Differential Equations. Have you taken Calculus?

Yes, and no, but I can integrate and differentiate.
I meant [itex]d^2y/dx^2[/itex]

z.js said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Did you learn it?

I barely licked the surface, so long ago I can safely state I don't remember anything.

But asking people to TEACH you something like that is a horribly wrong approach. Nobody here is going to spend their time teaching you. But if you start on your own, they will be able to help if you get stuck.

Differential equations is probably the most studied area of applied mathematics (and maybe pure mathematics), one can spend an entire life time studying differential equations.

Borek said:
But asking people to TEACH you something like that is a horribly wrong approach.

Oh! Really? oops... How about "Differential Equations for Dummies"?

HomogenousCow said:
Differential equations is probably the most studied area of applied mathematics (and maybe pure mathematics), one can spend an entire life time studying differential equations.
oh dear...:zzz: I might just see how it works or maybe study it for several weeks.

Related to Can some one teach me Differential Equations?

1. What are Differential Equations?

Differential equations are mathematical equations that describe how a quantity changes over time or space. They involve both the quantity and its rate of change, and are used to model various physical, biological, and social phenomena.

2. Why are Differential Equations important?

Differential equations are important in many areas of science and engineering. They are used to model and predict the behavior of complex systems, such as the weather, population growth, and chemical reactions. They also provide a powerful tool for analyzing and understanding the behavior of physical systems.

3. Can anyone learn Differential Equations?

Yes, anyone with a strong foundation in mathematics and a willingness to learn can understand and solve differential equations. However, it may require a significant amount of practice and studying to become proficient in solving them.

4. What are some common techniques for solving Differential Equations?

Some common techniques for solving differential equations include separation of variables, substitution, and using integrating factors. There are also numerical methods, such as Euler's method and Runge-Kutta methods, which are used to approximate solutions to more complex differential equations.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving Differential Equations?

Practice and persistence are key to improving your skills in solving differential equations. It is also helpful to have a solid understanding of calculus and basic algebra, as well as studying and reviewing different problem-solving techniques. Seeking out additional resources, such as textbooks or online tutorials, can also aid in improving your skills.