Can Philosophy and Science Coexist in Understanding the World?

• Thread starter robbierobb
  • Start date
In summary, there has been a long-standing debate about whether philosophy and science can coexist in understanding the world. While some argue that philosophy and science are fundamentally different and incompatible, others believe that they complement each other in their approaches to understanding the world. Ultimately, it is important to recognize that both philosophy and science have unique strengths and limitations, and a combination of both can lead to a more comprehensive understanding of the world. It is through the integration of philosophical and scientific perspectives that we can gain a deeper understanding of the complexities of the world we live in.
robbierobb
Hi everyone my name's Robert! I'm a prolific thinker and philosophiser, with an intrinsic interest in understanding the world we live in. To me that involves both philosophical and scientific concepts. The benefit to philosophy is that you don't need mathematics or physics to present good ideas, in science however it's a must! Unfortunately I have no mathematic or scientific skills, just lots of questions.

Sometimes I wish it was possible to develop a theory with no skills at all, but that in the realm of science is never the case. Thinking just isn't enough, you need to be able to calculate.

Perhaps one day I can learn to develop the skills to be able to present credible ideas and be a part of something that provides an entirely new view on the world. It would take time and dedication, and at this point in life might just be a dream, but it's always good to dream, you should never stop thinking!

Physics news on Phys.org