Can Self-Taught Theories Revolutionize Our Understanding of Science?

In summary, self-taught theories have the potential to revolutionize our understanding of science by offering alternative perspectives and challenging traditional beliefs. While self-taught scientists may lack formal education and training, they often possess a unique creativity and outside-the-box thinking that can lead to groundbreaking discoveries. However, these theories must still be rigorously tested and supported by evidence in order to gain acceptance in the scientific community. Despite the challenges, self-taught theories have the power to push the boundaries of scientific knowledge and spark new advancements in various fields.
Marrs II
Science in general is a great passion of mine. Don't laugh, but I'm 25 with just a G.E.D. waiting on G.I bill for school. That said, over the past few years I've found nothing that fascinates me more than creation, energy, space time, and all the cool things that keep you dreaming at night. That being awake, or asleep. With no proper training past general high school education, I've thought up dozens of theories about our universe (big and small, macro and micro). Upon further research to validate or falsify Many of these "Home brewed theories", I found that I've been insanely accurate just from exploring while I meditate at night. With the right friends and mentors, I believe I can make great contributions to our world of understanding. In short: I'm a total nube, but feel I was born for this. Any mentor or friend to learn from or collaborate with, please say hello :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!