Can I Prepare for a Physics Career at 16 Through Discussions?

• Thread starter Nil
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible to prepare for a physics career at 16 through discussions. By actively participating in discussions with peers and experts in the field, one can gain valuable insights and knowledge about physics concepts and career opportunities. Additionally, engaging in hands-on experiments and attending workshops or seminars can also help in developing the necessary skills and understanding for a future in physics. However, it is important to continue formal education and training in the subject to fully prepare for a successful career in physics.
Nil
Hello. I am a 16 year old girl looking to gain more information on physics through discussions.
I want to become a physicist when I'm older and I'm also very impatient so I would like to learn as much as i can now before university

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Nil :smile:

Thank you:smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF, Nil :smile:
Hello...
This might be an odd question but I don't really get the logic behind f=ma
could you peraps explain it to me?

Sure. More detailed questions and answers should go in the general technical forums, but basically the force you have to apply to move something gets harder the heavier the object is (the "mass m") and the faster you try to accelerate it (the "acceleration a").

It takes a lot less force to accelerate a golf ball to 100 mph than it does to accelerate a car to 100mph, right? :smile:

If you'd like to discuss this more, please start a new thread in the Classical Physics forum, and post links to what you have been reading so far to try to learn about the subject (Wikipedia is a pretty good introductory source). :smile:

Related to Can I Prepare for a Physics Career at 16 Through Discussions?

1. What does "Nil" mean?

Nil is a name that originated from the Latin word "nihil", which means "nothing". It can also mean "zero" or "empty".

2. Is "Nil" a common name?

No, "Nil" is not a very common name. It is more commonly used as a nickname or a shortened version of longer names such as "Nilesh" or "Nilofer".

3. Why do you introduce yourself as "Hello my name is Nil"?

"Hello my name is Nil" is a common phrase used to introduce oneself. It is a polite and formal way of letting others know your name and starting a conversation.

4. Do you have any nicknames?

Yes, I do have nicknames. Some people call me "Nilly" or "Nils", while others use my full name "Nilesh" or a variation of it.

5. What do you do as a scientist?

As a scientist, my main role is to conduct research, analyze data, and make observations to better understand the natural world. I also design and conduct experiments, write scientific papers, and collaborate with other scientists to advance our knowledge in a particular field of study.