Can I Manage Multivariable Calc, Org. Chem, Physics & Matlab?

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter renob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Load
In summary, the discussion suggests that the class load of multivariable calculus, organic chemistry 1, physics 1, and computational methods for engineers is manageable, especially since there are labs for organic and physics. The individual taking the courses also participates in sports for 18-21 hours a week, but it is advised to not let it interfere with studying. It is noted that most full-time undergraduates take five courses per semester, but the individual in this conversation only has four. It is unclear if they are taking a lighter load for an athletic scholarship or if they are cramming a full year course into one semester.
renob
Is this a realistic class load considering I also do sports year round?

multivariable calculus
organic chemistry 1
physics 1
computational methods for engineers (matlab)

Physics news on Phys.org
I would say it's very doable. Do you take any labs?

as for course load that's not bad at all. You just need to make sure you don't let your sports interfere with your studying, if you can do that you'll be fine.

How many hours a week do you do sports? It might get a little tight in there, but you should be fine.

there are labs for organic and physics.

I train between 18-21 hours a week

I don't see a problem. Most full time undergraduates hold down five courses per semester and I only count four on that list. Are you taking a lighter load to maintain an athletic scholarship? Or are you in one case cramming a full year course into a single semester?

Related to Can I Manage Multivariable Calc, Org. Chem, Physics & Matlab?

1. Can I really manage taking four difficult science courses at once?

It is possible to manage four difficult science courses simultaneously, but it will require hard work, dedication, and good time management skills. It is important to prioritize your workload and seek help when needed.

2. What strategies can I use to succeed in these courses?

Some strategies for success in challenging science courses include attending all lectures and actively participating, completing practice problems and seeking help when needed, forming study groups with classmates, and staying organized with a schedule or planner to manage your workload.

3. How can I balance the workload for each course?

One way to balance the workload for multiple courses is to create a schedule or timeline for completing assignments and studying for exams. It may also be helpful to tackle the most difficult or time-consuming tasks first and seek help from professors or teaching assistants if needed.

4. Is it necessary to have a strong background in math and science to succeed in these courses?

While a strong background in math and science can be beneficial, it is not always necessary to succeed in these courses. With hard work and dedication, it is possible to excel in these subjects even if you do not have a strong background in them.

5. How can I stay motivated throughout the semester?

It can be challenging to stay motivated throughout the semester, especially when tackling difficult science courses. One way to stay motivated is to set realistic goals for yourself and celebrate small accomplishments. It can also be helpful to find a study partner or join a study group for accountability and support.