Can anyone please check my proof for this number theory problem?

In summary, the best way to determine if your proof is correct is to have someone else check it, such as a fellow mathematician, professor, or student with experience in number theory. It's important to include enough detail in your proof for the reader to understand your reasoning, but avoid including unnecessary details. Asking for help and feedback is encouraged to improve your proof-writing skills, and reading proofs from textbooks or papers can also be helpful.
Math100
Homework Statement
Prove that ((a, b), b)=(a, b).
Relevant Equations
None.
Please view the picture of my work which I've uploaded.

Attachments

• Number Theory.jpg
    Number Theory.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 70
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good.

Likes Math100
PeroK said:
Looks good.
Thank you.

Related to Can anyone please check my proof for this number theory problem?

1. How do I know if my proof is correct?

The best way to check if your proof is correct is to ask someone else to review it. They can provide feedback and point out any errors or areas that need improvement.

2. Can I ask anyone to check my proof?

Yes, you can ask anyone to check your proof. It is always helpful to get a fresh perspective from someone who is knowledgeable in the subject area.

3. What should I include in my proof for it to be considered valid?

A valid proof should clearly state the problem, provide a logical and organized argument, and use proper mathematical notation and terminology. It should also be easy to follow and understand.

4. How long should my proof be?

The length of a proof can vary depending on the complexity of the problem. It is more important to focus on the quality and clarity of your proof rather than its length.

5. Is it okay to have mistakes in my proof?

It is common for proofs to have mistakes, especially when you are first starting out. It is important to carefully review and revise your proof to ensure its accuracy. Asking someone else to check your proof can also help catch any mistakes.