Can anyone give me the equation symbol for a singularity please

In summary, Mark is looking for a mathematical symbol to represent the singularity that occurs when a black hole collapses and creates a new universe on a new brane in his novel. Some suggestions were given, such as using the terms Schwarzschild radius or event horizon, but ultimately Mark decides to use the equation T=0 to represent this event.
Mark Childerley
I need the symbol that discribes a singularity for a novel I am writing. Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Mark

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no mathematical symbol for a singularity.

If you like mathematical heresy, maybe: ##\frac{1}{0}##

There are a differents kind of singularity, is a space-time singularity?, is a singularity of first or second kind in the sense of functions, is an essential singularity in the sense of complex analysis ...

In my novel and what i believe is true, a black hole collapses into a singularity, this event creates a new universe on a new brane. What i need is a mathmatical symbol for this event, i will explain:

Singularity+Collaspe.= New Universe.

Thats my reasoning anyway, i wonder if there is an equation for this?

Mark

Last edited:
Mark Childerley said:
In my novel and what i believe is true, a black hole collapses into a singularity, this event creates a new universe on a new brane. What i need is a mathmatical symbol for this event, i will explain:

Mark
Nope...

Im gunna have to make one up then, any suggestions?

Mark

What's the point? You need symbols for singularity, collapse, and new universe, all to make and equation that looks "mathy".

True, i hear what your saying, I am going to have to work it out myself then .;)

Mark Childerley said:

Mark

What about the alternative:

Boy - Barnsley = Singularity?

Likes pbuk
fresh_42 said:
How about some very rarely used, strange ones: (see the middle of the page)

Thanks fresh, there's plenty there to choose from.

Mark

PeroK said:
What about the alternative:

Lol, like it.

Mark

PeroK said:
This is genius.

I suggest you to use complicated terms as Schwarzschild radius or event horizon, but put symbols or equations in a novel is strange, I never remember novels with math equations or symbols ... (this is may personal opinion!)

Thanks Ssnow, i agree it is strange but this would be the only one. It would fit nicely into the scheme of things.

I think i might go with T=0 , that's the closest i think I am going to get.

Mark

Likes Ssnow

Related to Can anyone give me the equation symbol for a singularity please

1. What is a singularity?

A singularity is a point or region in space where the laws of physics break down and our current understanding of the universe cannot accurately describe what is happening.

2. Can you give me an example of a singularity?

A black hole is a commonly known example of a singularity. It is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that even light cannot escape, making it difficult to study and understand.

3. What is the equation symbol for a singularity?

There is no specific equation symbol for a singularity. However, there are various mathematical equations and theories, such as the General Theory of Relativity, that attempt to describe and explain the phenomenon of a singularity.

4. How do scientists study singularities?

Due to the extreme conditions and limitations of our current technology, it is difficult for scientists to directly study singularities. Instead, they use theoretical models, simulations, and observations of other phenomena, such as black holes, to understand and study the effects of a singularity.

5. Are singularities important for understanding the universe?

Singularities are an important concept in understanding the universe and its origins. They play a crucial role in theories of the Big Bang and the evolution of the universe. However, their true nature and behavior are still largely unknown and continue to be a subject of research and study for scientists.