Can Anyone Become Good at Physics?

• Thread starter THollingsworth41
  • Start date
In summary, while some individuals may have a natural inclination towards physics, anyone can become good at it with hard work, dedication, and a strong foundation in mathematics. By practicing problem-solving and critical thinking skills, seeking out resources and guidance, and maintaining a positive mindset, anyone can develop a strong understanding and proficiency in physics. It is a subject that requires effort and determination, but with the right approach, anyone has the potential to excel in the field of physics.
THollingsworth41
Sup, my fellow dudes?

My name is Thomas, currently studying at Lancaster University through their OpenPlus program with The Open University. I've always been a bad math student, but I once was told anyone can become good at Physics, so here I am. I started my dreded, long path to attain a PhD in Astrophysics so I can camp out in a observatory studying the cosmos.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

I think your friend misled you. The language of Physics is Math and so you should have a good footing in it to succeed.

jedishrfu said:
Welcome to PF!

I think your friend misled you. The language of Physics is Math and so you should have a good footing in it to succeed.

He hasn't misled me. I already know this! Just I wasn't confident enough to pick up Physics until he told me it.

Likes jedishrfu