Calculus II Exam points question

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's experience taking a Calc II midterm. They did well on the exam except for one question that they left blank due to lack of knowledge. The question was worth 10% of the exam mark, but the speaker felt it was unfair as it was not heavily covered in class or homework. They questioned whether they should discuss this with their professor, but it was advised that it may not change anything.
CrunchBerries
I wrote a Calc II midterm today. Things went quite well, except for one question. I left it blank, as I did not have sufficient knowledge to write anything that made any sense. The question was worth 10% of the exam mark.

This question was about a part of a section we covered, but this part had maybe 1 or 2 homework problems on it. I filled about 300-400 double sided pages doing homework and practicing. Of this, maybe 1 side of 1 page was related to this question.

I understand I should lose marks for not having that answer. But 10% seems very disproportionate.. I would be ok with 4% or something...

Should I discuss this with my prof? I am not one to complain about exams, but I really feel like this was unfair..

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
your instructor sets the points for each question according to their preferences, arguing about it with them will not get you any points.

Likes CrunchBerries
Ok thanks, soldier on i guess lol..

Related to Calculus II Exam points question

What is Calculus II Exam points question?

Calculus II Exam points question refers to a specific question or set of questions that assess a student's understanding and application of concepts taught in Calculus II.

How are Calculus II Exam points typically calculated?

The points for a Calculus II Exam are typically calculated based on the number of correct answers. Each question may be worth a different number of points, and the total points earned are usually tallied to determine a final grade.

What topics are typically covered in a Calculus II Exam?

A Calculus II Exam may cover topics such as integration techniques, applications of integration, sequences and series, polar coordinates, and vector calculus.

How can I prepare for a Calculus II Exam?

To prepare for a Calculus II Exam, it is important to review notes and textbook materials, practice solving problems, and seek help from a teacher or tutor if needed. It may also be helpful to attend review sessions or form study groups with classmates.

What is the best way to approach a Calculus II Exam question?

The best way to approach a Calculus II Exam question is to carefully read and understand the question, identify which concepts are being tested, and use appropriate problem-solving techniques to arrive at a solution. It is also important to show all work and double-check calculations for accuracy.